Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 378 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
An excellent rider who sadly had the ability for all the classics but not the endurance as he had issues digesting the gels and fuel input needed to sustain 250kms/6 hour + hard one day races without running out of energy.
So, Pidcock is the new Boasson Hagen?

Hello Gang!! Tour de Suisse 2022 is approaching. Shall we make some predictions on who will win and how will Remco do? This should be fun:)
If he does very well in GC, he might overtake some guys in the UCI standings, depending on how they do in Dauphiné:

Reactions: Andre
Hello Gang!! Tour de Suisse 2022 is approaching. Shall we make some predictions on who will win and how will Remco do? This should be fun:)
The confirmed startlist is very incomplete yet, but I think it will be a big test for Remco. There's a couple serious high mountain stages in this year's race, and the competition will be a higher level too.

I actually like the parcour a lot, but it's a different beast than Algarve or Norway. I don't know about his chances, but if he does win (or comes close), he'll again push GT expectations into the stratosphere.

The confirmed startlist is very incomplete yet, but I think it will be a big test for Remco. There's a couple serious high mountain stages in this year's race, and the competition will be a higher level too.

I actually like the parcour a lot, but it's a different beast than Algarve or Norway. I don't know about his chances, but if he does win (or comes close), he'll again push GT expectations into the stratosphere.
I can see him winning the last etappe (ITT) :)

Oct 4, 2021
Tour of Swiss will be a real gauge for his future ambitions in World Tour GC . So excited to watch his progress .
And let's be honest , even if he doesn't fulfill the , by now again, sky high expectations , the guy is an absolute pleasure to watch .
Always "making" the race , always trying to find the win . That's what attracts people to races .

Oct 4, 2021
Other than GVA I couldn't find big names at the starting list . But who cares , these are the races that Merckx loved to participate in as well . Doing this will only increase his home popularity .

Reactions: hayneplane
Patrick has said he is much improved since last year, as winning Liege so impressively (unfiortunately in the abscence of Pogacar, but no less for his performance) has already unequivocably revealed. Judging by the difficulty of the parcours and the quality of the field (once made official) in TdS, if Evenepoel does very well there his ambitions for GC success take a significant step forward. Period. Then the Vuelta of course will tell us much more.

Reactions: Oldermanish
He is an absolute freak of nature . I read today that Remco himself considers his current level to be on par or even above that at the time of his crash at Tour of Lombardy .

I dont know ... it feels yet again as if we are on the verge of seeing truly great things from him .
And that he has some realistic ideas about his attributes. He's comfortable enough to ride sensibly which may fulfill your prediction.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS