• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 94 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
Schachmann shouldn't be an issue surely. Also I don't think Schachman is the type of rider that does well on the Malhao.

Seems he was doing pretty well and he was the biggest issue Evenepol had this race.

Some people really know sh*t about riding, or even racing a bike.
Remco not the strongest yesterday. Lol.

Yea we got the proof on Malhao next day that he can just crush anyone in the montains at this point...
Evenepol was the strongest in the ITT the other stages he wasn't.

Btw. I'm certain I do in fact know more about pro racing than you......

Seems he was doing pretty well and he was the biggest issue Evenepol had this race.

Yea we got the proof on Malhao next day that he can just crush anyone in the montains at this point...
Evenepol was the strongest in the ITT the other stages he wasn't.

Are you or were you a pro cyclist ?

Proving Red Rick wrong in his predictions is easy (is he ever right? He knows so little about cycling he didn't understand Remco's talent as a junior).

The question is: can you use your knowledge to make correct prediction? Will Schachmann be stronger then Remco in Tirreno? Will he be better in the Giro -which is the only thing that really counts?

Proving Red Rick wrong in his predictions is easy (is he ever right? He knows so little about cycling he didn't understand Remco's talent as a junior).

The question is: can you use your knowledge to make correct prediction? Will Schachmann be stronger then Remco in Tirreno? Will he be better in the Giro -which is the only thing that really counts?
He wasn't responding to Red Rick and his predictions.

Short article in Dutch (please run it through Google or DeepL Translate) from 18 months back, on how the Dutch family where he stayed for 3 years during his PSV years (11-14 years old), experienced his worldchampionship win in Innsbruck.

Reactions: Joelsim
Hey Gang! Any predictions for Tirreno Adriatico?
Startlist is only filled out half, if that. Difficult to predict if you don't know who he's facing.

ITT is flat and only 10k. Only two stages where gaps can be made in GC, imho. It will be interesting to see how he does on day 4. With a 13k MTF, averaging 6.3%.

tirreno-adriatico-2020-stage-4-profile-81dec65a50.jpg

Reactions: Andre
The betting odds thing is a bit absurd, he's still really young and until now he has always been better on hilly and medium mountain filled terrain than on proper mountains.
I expect him to be a legit contender for lbl and the olympics this year, not for the Giro.

Remco has climbed to being second Giro favorite according to the betting odds: Carapaz 2/1 and Remco : 4,5/1. This is not surprising if you take into account that someone like G. Saronni is stating that Remco can already win the Giro. Saronni won the Giro at age 21. Why would Remco not be able to win as a 20 year old, according to Saronni.

Remco has climbed to being second Giro favorite according to the betting odds: Carapaz 2/1 and Remco : 4,5/1. This is not surprising if you take into account that someone like G. Saronni is stating that Remco can already win the Giro. Saronni won the Giro at age 21. Why would Remco not be able to win as a 20 year old, according to Saronni.
Ridiculous stuff.

I mean

Carapaz main favorite?

Lawl.

TRENDING THREADS