• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 698 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
Choke or pinch your nostrals? Well, without Froome, Ineos isn't the evil empire. And you are right, Patrick's view on Remco's program for the rest of the season is pathetic. Send him to the Tour for experience and to get another GT in his legs. He'll need it to be competitive against Pog and Vino next year. Or at least do the Vuelta. Time for pussyfooting around is over.
Well said. And yeah, Ineos don't bother me at all any more, and they're clearly a great GT team with some nice classics wins and placings. It was less Froome than all the Brailsford BS which we can't get into here. To be fair Froome was a huge part of that. Team just acted like cycling fans were brain dead and just started watching yesterday. Speaking to his constituency I guess. But no, they don't bother me any more. Was rooting for Thomas after Remco was knocked out of the Giro.

Reactions: Extinction
Well said. And yeah, Ineos don't bother me at all any more, and they're clearly a great GT team with some nice classics wins and placings. It was less Froome than all the Brailsford BS which we can't get into here. To be fair Froome was a huge part of that. Team just acted like cycling fans were brain dead and just started watching yesterday. Speaking to his constituency I guess. But no, they don't bother me any more. Was rooting for Thomas after Remco was knocked out of the Giro.
I wanted to see where Geoghegan Hart would have arrived. I think in Geraint's position going into the Lussari TT, Teo wins the Giro.

Aug 26, 2022
Visit site
View: https://twitter.com/soudalquickstep/status/1664572807630528512?t=TlMBdU92cBdCit4WnD36nQ&s=19

With Remco Evenepoel now back to training, his program for this month has been finalised.

After a period of consultation between Remco and the Soudal Quick-Step management and coaching team, it has been agreed that the 23-year-old will resume racing at the prestigious Tour de Suisse, followed by the time trial and road race at the Belgian National Championships. From there he will head to the team’s training camp at Val di Fassa.

By all logic, yes. Especially since he then goes to altitude. However, is this before or during the Tour? In preparation for Worlds? And what if he comes out of TdS red hot? With only 9 days of the Giro previously?
Any sane person would ride Tour if coming out of TdS red hot in these circumstances. But something something still not the right time, team not prepared, still recovering, past super peak, yadda yadda.

By all logic, yes. Especially since he then goes to altitude. However, is this before or during the Tour? In preparation for Worlds? And what if he comes out of TdS red hot? With only 9 days of the Giro previously?
They’ll focus on the WC, I don’t expect him to ride the Tour after these messages. He really wants to win the WC TT and possibly the WC again. They believe he’s better after altitude than after the Tour so that’s why they decide not to do the Tour.

They’ll focus on the WC, I don’t expect him to ride the Tour after these messages. He really wants to win the WC TT and possibly the WC again. They believe he’s better after altitude than after the Tour so that’s why they decide not to do the Tour.
Indeed, just read the relative CN article. Team issues also a major consideration, although, as is said, one must strike while the iron is hot.

TRENDING THREADS