• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The revenge of Rasmussen ...

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
spalco said:
I don't see how this translation error changes anything substantially. He admitted to continuously doping from 1997 to 2007, throughout his entire stay with Rabo except 1996.

I still maintain, that doping offseason means you cannot be considered clean at any race even if you're not taking additional stuff then. Even if you believe he abstained from doping during "some" Tour de France's he was not ****ing "clean".
This seems to be the Cyclingnews approach as well, so maybe you can apply for a job. You may not think he rode some Tours clean, he says he did. If you quote someone, you should do it correctly. Otherwise just write an op ed. Cyclingnews just run these articles through Google translate and see what comes out.

Same with Thomas Dekker's alleged statement about doping being a way of life at Rabobank... no he didn't say that. It was a way of life for the top echelon of cyclists, not necessarily those at Rabobank. It may not matter much in the big scheme of things, but if you're writing an article about Rabo's perceived doping culture, it makes all the difference.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Rasmussen in court:

14:40 uur
Drie renners kregen bloeddoping

Rasmussen: Menchov, Boogerd en ik kregen bloeddoping.

14:38 uur
Voorbereiding op Tour in januari 2006

In januari van 2006 werd er besloten dat we tijdens de Tour van 2006 twee keer bloeddoping zouden ondergaan.

14:36 uur
Matschiner regelede het

Rasmussen: na de eerste bloedtransfusie in de Tour van 2006 zeiden Breukink en de Rooij dat er verder geen transfusies meer.

Translation: Menchov, Boogerd and I got blood transfusions in the 2006 tour. Originally, two infusions were planned, but Breukink and de Rooij said 'no more' transfusions after the first one.

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
14:50 uur
Om de avond Dynepo

Om de avond kreeg ik Dynepo van ploegarts van Mantgem.

*i received dynepo every other evening from team docter van Mantgem

14:49 uur
EPO in de ploegbus

Rasmussen: in 2007 bewaarde we Dynepo in de ploegleidersbus

* In 2007 Dynepo was stored in the teamleadersbus

14:47 uur
Stoppen met bloeddoping

Rasmussen: We moesten in de Tour van 2006 opeens stoppen met bloeddoping. De leiding was denk ik bang dat we té hard zouden gaan rijden.

* We suddenly had to stop useing blooddoping in 2006. I think the leaders were scared we would ride too hard

14:44 uur
Leinders deed het in 2004 en 2005

Rasmussen: In 2004 en 2005 ontving Leinders de bloedzakken en bracht hij de naald bij mij in. In 2006 en 2007 veranderde dat. Toen ging Matschiner het doen.

In 2004 and 2005 leinders received the bloodbags and inserted the needle in me. This changed in 2006 and 2007. Then matschiner started doing it.

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
14:59 uur
Centrifuge van Leinders

Rasmussen: ik testte mijn hematocriet met een machine van Leinders

*i tested my hematocrit levels with a machine from leinders

14:57 uur
Geen weerstand om epo te gebruiken

Rasmusen: bloedzakken mochten niet meer, maar over epo werd niet gesproken. Dat werd niet verboden (door de ploegleiding, red.)

*bloodbags wern't allowed, but no one talked about epo. It was not prohibited (by the teamleaders)

14:55 uur
Geen bloedzakken meer

Rasmussen: We mochten in de Tour van '07 geen bloedzakken meer gebruiken. Dat zei Breukink in juni 2007. Twee weken daarvoor was er nog anders besloten.

*we wern't allowed to use bloodbags in the tour of 2007. That was what breukink said in june 2007. Two weeks earlier the desicion was different.

14:52 uur
Ploegleiding wist het

Rasmussen: Breukink kwam in juni '07 naar mij toe om het plan (mbt. doping, red.) te wijzigen. Dat vond ik heel erg raar.

*Breukink came to me in june 07 to change the plan regarding doping. I found that to be very strange

14:52 uur
Kocht aandeel in bloedmachine

Rasmussen: In voorjaar van 2007 kocht ik een aandeel in de bloedmachine van Matschiner. Boogerd kocht ook een deel. We bespraken dat met de medische leiding van de Rabobank.

*in early 2007 i bought a share in matschiners bloodmachine. Boogerd bought a share as well. We discussed this with the medical staff of the rabobank.

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
15:09 uur
Contact tijdens voorbereiding Tour

Rasmussen: van 5 tot 25 juni (de maand voor de Tour, red.) had ik geen contact met iemand van de ploegleiding. Ik wist wat ik moest doen, zij wisten wat ik deed.

*from june 5th until june 25th (the month prior to the tour) there was no contact with the team leadership. I knew what i had to do, and they knew what i was doing.

15:07 uur
Rasmussen herhaalt

Breukink, Leinders, van Mantgem en de Rooij wisten allemaal van mijn dopinggebruik.

*Breukink, Leinders, van Mantgem and de Rooij all knew about my doping use

15:04 uur
Stilzwijgende afspraak

Rasmussen: er was een stilzwijgende afspraak tussen mij en de Rabobank dat we het alleen over where-abouts zouden hebben en niet over doping.

*the was a silent agreement between me and the Rabobank that we would only talk about where-abouts and not about doping.

15:02 uur
sms van Van Mantgem

Van Mantgem sms'te aan Rasmussen: "how many intensive hours have you done?" Rasmussen zegt nu dat 1 uur gelijk stond aan 1000 eenheden epo. Het was een soort geheimtaal.

*Van Mantgem texted to rasmussen: "how many intensive hours have you done?" Rasmussen says now that 1 hour equaled 1000 units of epo. it was a sort of codespeech

15:00 uur
Rechtbank is nieuwsgierig

Advocaat van Rabobank vraagt aan gerechtshof of ze zich na al deze verhalen niet de dopingautoriteit voelt. De rechter antwoordt: "nou, ik ben best nieuwsgierig".

*the rabobank lawyer asks if it feels like it is a ADA after all these stories. The judge replies:"Well, i'm pretty curious"

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
15:17 uur
Aanvullende verklaring

Rasmussen: Van Bommel, Leinders en Van Mantgem gaven mij attesten voor cortisonen. Dion van Bommel werkt nu nog bij Rabobank/Blanco.

*Van bommel, Leinders and Van Mantgem gave me medical exempts for cortisones. Dion van Bommel still works for Rabobank/Blanco

15:13 uur
Delahaije wist van niks

Louis Delahaije wist er niks vanaf, verklaart Rasmussen. Delahaije is nu nog werkzaam bij Blanco.

*Louis Delahaije didn't know anything, states Rasmussen. Delahaije is still working for Blanco.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
seeing Rasmussen, you see a guy who's not putting anything under the carpet, anything. Full freedom in his eyes and mouth. the truth set this guy free.

"it's nice to be able to talk to people without having to lie".

quite a contrast with boogerd's 'confession'.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
Really? There are ofc some surprises, but I don't think it is anywhere near jaw-dropping. I was surprised that they didn't want BBs in '07, and only one in '06.
but in the light of OP it makes more sense.
Recall that a doping positive would have been particularly damaging for Rabobank, with the bank's reputation being on the line.
It is plausible to assume that, on the whole, Rabobank have been more cautious with the supervision of doping than several other teams.

TRENDING THREADS