• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Sky-Con-O-Meter. Predictions on how much more ridiculous they can get

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ebandit said:
you sure?..................did you watch the same stage as i

team sky left exposed................made to pay for earlier efforts

...............did you feel cheated

Mark L

blimey...how is that sand down there where your head is buried....have you ever woken up and smelled the coffee ? maybe you will one day.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
ebandit said:
you sure?..................did you watch the same stage as i

team sky left exposed................made to pay for earlier efforts

...............did you feel cheated

Mark L

they paid the great price of ceding precisely 0 seconds to their rivals. shows how human they are after all!

fail

SeriousSam said:
they paid the great price of ceding precisely 0 seconds to their rivals. shows how human they are after all!

so porte and the rest of the team did not lose boat loads of time after all

team sky excel...............................obvious doping

team sky fail..................................obvious doping

i just don't have the brains to get my head around the conspiracy

Mark L

ebandit said:
so porte and the rest of the team did not lose boat loads of time after all

team sky excel...............................obvious doping

team sky fail..................................obvious doping

i just don't have the brains to get my head around the conspiracy

Mark L

Well... My estimation would be more like: Sky has the edge on the doping front compared to the other top teams, therefore it seems obvious.

Sky against a completely clean peloton would probably mean far greater time losses would have been made yesterday.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Setarkos said:
Evans is a former Ferrari client... You seem to be quite the expert.

no he wasn't. he was introduced to ferrari to do 1 test to see if he was going to be capable of making the transition from mountain biker to road racer. That's it

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
They have a pretty good line up. I mean WIGGINS, FROOME, KNEES, PORTE, ROGERS and SIVTSOV all finished high on GT-CG´s before, and the numbers from Tucker don´t show unreal performances.

What? That's like saying Armstrong was clean in 2001 because he had finished on the podium before. What kind of logic is that?

Before 2011 the only climbing ability Wiggins had shown was at the 2010 Tour. Before that, he was nothing on the climbs. Froome? LMAO. ZERO indication of any ability before the 2011 Vuelta. Porte? Seriously, now. This has been his breakout year. Sivtsov? Eh? Are you counting Tour of Georgia?

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
What? That's like saying Armstrong was clean in 2001 because he had finished on the podium before. What kind of logic is that?

Before 2011 the only climbing ability Wiggins had shown was at the 2010 Tour. Before that, he was nothing on the climbs. Froome? LMAO. ZERO indication of any ability before the 2011 Vuelta. Porte? Seriously, now. This has been his breakout year. Sivtsov? Eh? Are you counting Tour of Georgia?
Well, Wiggins came 3rd in 2009 so he must have done something right on the climbs.

Kender said:
no he wasn't. he was introduced to ferrari to do 1 test to see if he was going to be capable of making the transition from mountain biker to road racer. That's it

Thats like saying the lad down the street had an interview with the Mafia boss to see if he could get a job @ the local supermarket.

To think one can keep up or beat convicted dopers whilst riding full natty brah is a bit naive.

Its pro sport. You don't dope you won't cope @ the top. Simple as that.

I still watch the TDF each year and every stage of the TDU. I like seeing how fast people can go on epo. Makes for good entertainment.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
durianrider said:
Thats like saying the lad down the street had an interview with the Mafia boss to see if he could get a job @ the local supermarket.

To think one can keep up or beat convicted dopers whilst riding full natty brah is a bit naive.

I still watch the TDF each year and every stage of the TDU. I like seeing how fast people can go on epo. Makes for good entertainment.

But then you are dropping a lot of these pro's aren't you.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Froome is clean, he will never test posotive. I think he has a mega hardcore work ethic and i dont believe most other riders do. There are **** loads of lazy people in all walks of life. There is no way a rider like David Miller puts in the same dedication and work as a guy like Froome. Hes a mega talent, a mega hard worker, and the peleton is clean. Its clear to me that most of the dopers have a hard time realising just how good they really are without the gear. I bet Froome was riding hour after hour all winter when others where still thinking about it. Uk will turn out many more great riders now that they are not being shat on by dopers. Its happening now, your watching it !.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
durianrider said:

Harley, not long discovered you mate. So do you reckon a guy could ride TDF on just Fruit ?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
arvc40 said:
Froome is clean, he will never test posotive. I think he has a mega hardcore work ethic and i dont believe most other riders do. There are **** loads of lazy people in all walks of life. There is no way a rider like David Miller puts in the same dedication and work as a guy like Froome. Hes a mega talent, a mega hard worker, and the peleton is clean. Its clear to me that most of the dopers have a hard time realising just how good they really are without the gear. I bet Froome was riding hour after hour all winter when others where still thinking about it. Uk will turn out many more great riders now that they are not being shat on by dopers. Its happening now, your watching it !.

Dont forget that Froome would never risk doping. his life threatening illness could come back. and he has passed over 500 tests.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
arvc40 said:

Another July subscriber..... how much are the Skybot intern's getting this year?