• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Sky-Con-O-Meter. Predictions on how much more ridiculous they can get

Predictions:

- 1-2 in the remaining time trial.

- Froome to ride up to breakaway attempts by top tier climbers and then attack himself, slowdown and then ride on the front again.

- Sky doms to pace set for 50km’s at a time up HC mountains

- Cav to win one or more stages before Tour end.

- The grupetto to finish outside the time limit day after day.

- Known climbers being chased down by Sky doms.

Anything else I missed?

May 31, 2011
Visit site
they have already lost credibilty with anyone in possesion of a brain so what they do from here on out doesn't matter. everyone knows they are doping it's just making sure that no one can prove it.

froome could win the time trial on a unicycle and the uk postal fanboys would still lap it up.

thehog said:
Predictions:

- 1-2 in the remaining time trial.

- Froome to ride up to breakaway attempts by top tier climbers and then attack himself, slowdown and then ride on the front again.

- Sky doms to pace set for 50km’s at a time up HC mountains

- Cav to win one or more stages before Tour end.

- The grupetto to finish outside the time limit day after day.

- Known climbers being chased down by Sky doms.

Anything else I missed?

- Rogers drops Evans on a climb. Maybe even beats him in the final time trial.

iZnoGouD said:
sure eveyone being that strong is a little suspicious but you can't be that sure they are doping yet

I can be pretty damned confident about it. I was confident with Stephen Schumacher. Same with Ricco and Armstrong and Indurain. We have seen this farce too many times.

Forget Wiggins. Rogers is the tell.

mewmewmew13 said:
It sure seems like they took it up a notch today...

Sheesh what next?

I want comedy value from Sky.

I want to see 4 of them finish on a MTF with the rest of the field 3-4 minutes behind.

I want to see Wiggins and Froome catch Evans in the final ITT.

I want to see Rogers & Porte doing 50km turns on the front of the peloton up HC climbs.

I want to see Porte, Rogers and Froome leading out Cav on the Champs-Elysees for the win.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I think in the final TT, all the Sky guys may be given free reign to go full gas. So I'll go with Wiggins, Froome, Rogers, Porte, and Hagen all in the top 10 for the TT.

I wanna see Froome breakaway on a final climb/mountain top finish
- stop short of the line
- turn around, descend to the bottom of the climb
- turn around, pass everyone
- take the stage
- pulling a wheelie in both directions

That would be 'sporting'!

Don't be late Pedro said:
Unless there are no more flat stages how is this so absurd?

Ongoing and increasing Tour record?

Like, seriously, this is the greatest sprinter... ever?

...ocean front property in Switzerland for sale... buildable swampland in Florida...

Dave.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
That'll only happen if Wiggins doesn't fancy the sprint.

:D

-Porte to embark on a solo breakaway on a sprint stage and ride himself into 3rd spot on GC.

-Cav to win by attacking on a mid mountain stage.

Srsly - Wiggins and Froome to inadvertently shell all other GC contenders on a mountain stage and duel each other FTW.

I want Sky to not lead the peleton until the final climb...then all of them do a Riis on the Hautacam, freewheeling around bends, turning around going back down the mountain, turning back around again. Stopping to chat up a woman. And then all 8 of them cross the line together, like one of those neutralised stages!!!

But in reality, what more can they do...Porte, Rogers riding temp for km after km...burning off climbers...I don't ever remember so few riders being left with the yellow jersey, with 60ks to go. There were 11 riders, and 4 sky.
If anyone is dumb enough to not even be suspicious of this, I am afraid there's no help for you.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Surely, Sky's ridiculousness has been peaking for too long and shouldn't be able to maintain this level for the whole Tour. They'll have to scale the ridiculousness down to mere Kelme or Navigare levels.

Actually I'd look to Liquigas or Movistar long before I look to Sky. Wiggins or Froome doping? I don't buy it for a second.

When I read an interview with Nibali, on the other hand, and he says "when I want something, I'll do everything possible to achieve it", I get twitchy. It's that word "everything" that worries me.

But Wiggins? Maybe people outside the UK don't get to see as many interviews with him as we do over here. Maybe they don't get the measure of the man. But I'd bet my last pound that Bradley Wiggins is not doping.

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
The Valley said:
But Wiggins? Maybe people outside the UK don't get to see as many interviews with him as we do over here. Maybe they don't get the measure of the man. But I'd bet my last pound that Bradley Wiggins is not doping.

Either you're not being serious, you're uninformed or very naive.

TRENDING THREADS