• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Tour de Oprah (WT) (1 team of 1 rider) Live Thread

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
McClimber said:
But we don't want to hear the lies and the dodges all over again.

The WE, WE, WE instead of I, I, I is just gross.

There are some many people involved with Lance and his doping and not to talk about any one else is a joke.

Oprah could have cut it to one night with all the obvious BS that Lance is saying.

I totally agree with this, it's the way he always played it. Always aligned himself with others, safety in numbers. Deflect partial responsibility onto others.

He tries to act like he is assuming responsibility but its not in his character. Amazingly he's still trying to get out of this looking like a champion (level p-field). Funny how he had to contort his face to keep from busting out laughing while watching his '05 speech. He hasn't changed.

Don't get mad at the commercials, like cycling sponsors bring in the dough.

Have your checkbook handy lance!

Betsy possesses the character one would hope to find in a mate.

hrotha said:
Dude came across as a total sociopath.

And seeing Betsy so hurt was tough. So glad the ******* is paying for all of this.

Lance's false contrition contrasted with Betsy's genuine emotion was a jarring lesson in how sometimes you can just intuit when people are telling the truth and when they are trying to manipulate things for their own benefit. Wow.

thehog said:
Cav was right. Fu** off! Go get fuc***! Stop asking about Lance, fu** off!

Well, come on, can you imagine how awful it must be to have to talk about that ******* all the time? Seriously, I don't fault Cav for his anger, I would absolutely react the same way. Especially if I'm a self-focussed competitive ******* who wants to talk about what I want to win this year.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so from lawyers' orders he's avoiding frank discussion, the truth, on:

1 - compelling/threatening other riders to dope (possible govt. participation in case vis Postal)

2 - Ferrari (the latter's legal troubles)

3 - Andreus in hospital room (re SCA suit now etc., and others who lied under oath for him)

The criminal and perjury issues have been fenced off, but Coyle reports his camp is very concerned by some of his answers (not fenced off enough, I suppose).

And the bizarre thing: there was nothing on Bruyneel by Oprah! Bruyneel's position now is very complicated if he is going up against USADA, etc. From being the svengali of the team, I can't see him now playing any other role than being the complete ignoramus: "I knew nuth'in".

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
The fridge in the blue trees said:
Ok, thanks. So protecting others basically? But isn't the statute of limitations over for that?
Surely you don't think he has done it to protect others, he is a psychopath remember

It is only because this would in turn give others reason to blow the lid and it become WWII

Weisel, CSE, they all know where the bodies are buried

Parrot23 said:
Okay, so from lawyers' orders he's avoiding frank discussion, the truth, on:

1 - compelling/threatening other riders to dope (possible govt. participation in case vis Postal)

2 - Ferrari (the latter's legal troubles)

3 - Andreus in hospital room (re SCA suit now etc.)

And the bizarre thing: there was nothing on Bruyneel by Oprah! Bruyneel's position now is very complicated if he is going up against USADA, etc.

What are you talking about? He said Ferrari was a good man. If that's not frank discussion, I don't know what is.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok, thanks. So protecting others basically? But isn't the statute of limitations over for that?

BroDeal said:
The dude is getting flayed alive on Twitter. This looks like an epic fail.

#doprah

This

Is

IRONY

he was given shares in twitter right for his million of followers

blackcat said:
Surely you don't think he has done it to protect others, he is a psychopath remember

It is only because this would in turn give others reason to blow the lid and it become WWII

Weisel, CSE, they all know where the bodies are buried

to be pedantic: sociopath, not psychopath, and WWIII, not WWII. But WWIII will be the next step, once the sh!t bomb of this interview has its time to explode and Armstrong realizes that his half-measures of truth will absolutely not cut it. Dipping the toes in the water of truth was not satisfying for the public. I believe it will take a cannonball from a clifftop to get anyone to respect him. And he seems like a man who will be willing to do it if he feels cornered enough. And I can't imagine that he won't, sometime soon.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

skidmark said:
What are you talking about? He said Ferrari was a good man. If that's not frank discussion, I don't know what is.

Schumi, Schumi

not Ferrari

May 18, 2011
Visit site
spiaggia said:
Next up on CNN (by telephone) Jeffery Tillotson, the only person who has interviewed Armstrong under oath.

Loved his quote saying "he gave compelling reasons why he wouldn't dope that no sane person would give"...They opened the attack right away!

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The dude is getting flayed alive on Twitter. This looks like an epic fail.

#doprah

He's still trying to sway people to his side. A well written statement of confession would have served him better. Three hours is more insanity, just plenty of rope to hang him high now. Yes, a fail.

CNN interviewing investors wanted their money back. The trouble with investors is they still be with him if he had not fallen. Making money which ever the way the wind blows. Cold blooded world. Good night.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
skidmark said:
to be pedantic: sociopath, not psychopath, and WWIII, not WWII. But WWIII will be the next step, once the sh!t bomb of this interview has its time to explode and Armstrong realizes that his half-measures of truth will absolutely not cut it. Dipping the toes in the water of truth was not satisfying for the public. I believe it will take a cannonball from a clifftop to get anyone to respect him. And he seems like a man who will be willing to do it if he feels cornered enough. And I can't imagine that he won't, sometime soon.

The ipad does lend itself to typing the three IIIs in WWIII I meant to. Ad the North American psychiatric diagnostic manual of mental disorders fourth edition, Armstrong would fulfil either, but it would require a professional to evaluate him, and the industry went out with those terms (terminology) as Hollywood and Manson and 24 went in with them

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
@piersmorgan: What a snivelling, lying, cheating little wretch @lancearmstrong revealed himself to be tonight. I hope he now just disappears. #LiveWrong

Piers Morgan claiming moral superiority? Jesus, it'll be Jeffrey Archer next.

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Verbatim transcription from CNN "Breaking News"

CNN: "So, I know this may be a bizarre question, but, um, I have to ask it of you because you're an attorney, and you depose people and you put people under oath that are lying all the time for a living. Where does he rank? Is he one of the best liars you've ever seen?"

Tillotson: "Well he, he's certainly ah, he's certainly among one of the more accomplished, ah because he did it persuasively, without hesitation, and offered numerous compelling reasons that no same person would offer to justify a lie."

And that is your #doprah recap for the evening.