• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Tour de Oprah (WT) (1 team of 1 rider) Live Thread

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
IMHO, he's a little disoriented (after the carpet bombing of the last few months). He's trying, warts/lies and all, but definitely in the dark and struggling to feel the walls, the boundaries.

Good for Oprah. She did well. Skeptical to the end but decent, fair.

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
trailrunner said:
Oprah got off on an estrogen tangent with all the questions about his kids. Just gave him an opportunity to fake cry and whine how hard it is to be a d-bag parent.

I don't think that was a bad thing. For cycling people this seems incredibly soft, but for the average person who doesn't know a whole lot about the sport, that whole section about his kids just disgusted them far more than anything about the doping.

Make no mistake, Oprah may not be most the most hard hitting of interviewers, but she knows her audience and she is making sure he is being represented as unflatteringly as possible. She can barely contain her contempt and her audience will see that.

A Walsh or Kimmage interview would have been preaching to the choir, only cycling fans would have watched, this is making sure non-cycling fans see exactly what he is. I'm happy to have questions remain unanswered at this time in order for that to happen. :)

May 9, 2009
Visit site
The moral of the story is NOT "the truth will set you free." It's that cheaters never win. Or the ends do not justify the means. Or Lance, you are a pr!ck.

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
And the truth will set you free!!!! Maybe, someday, Lance will tell the truth, not today though. Man oh man, he is emotionless and creepy. I feel empty after watching that.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ask Oprah about her two coackroaches for pets.

These were the quivalent of her Three Cups of Tea, and a library full of Edgar Allan Poe for someone who had never read a book.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I do partly blame Oprah for the poor questions in the second half but the problem is that Lance simply was not going to answer that stuff and he made that clear when probed about who helped him.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
will you rise again?

well... (hold on a sec Oprah- I've got an Incoming call from my man Matthew McConaughey.......):D

LOL, you guys are too much!

Don't have to watch late night comedy shows; just show up at CN :D

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Jalina said:
A Walsh or Kimmage interview would have been preaching to the choir, only cycling fans would have watched, this is making sure non-cycling fans see exactly what he is. I'm happy to have questions remain unanswered at this time in order for that to happen. :)

A very good point. It'll all come out. Give it time. LA is ruined anyway. There's no way he can come back to public popularity from those two nights.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
75 million day.

Let's reiterate

75 million day.

"Will you rise again?"

"I don't know."

Wait, what? Again? Only reason he rose in the first place was because he cheated.
he thought she meant his erection. ;)