• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "Where did you ride your bike today?" Thread...

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A bit of a snow chase, here in Melbourne

136341_db9b9aa4533cf7fe4cb55def062cfd16.jpeg

136342_19f13137fba2a8c23f7b6f8df2dd07e3.jpeg

136344_1dc6af6b21fca8b86fbd5b6bb05d9a32.jpeg

I'm currently in the Alpes Maritimes. We did Col des Champs, Col d'Allos and Col de la Cayolle yesterday. 115 km and 3200 m of climbing. The climbs are maybe slightly less famous than those in the Dauphiné and haute savoie, but regarding scenery this is certainly one of the great rides of the Alps. I can thoroughly recommend it. Caracteristics are maybe a bit similar to the great Tour de Suisse stage with Nufenepass, Furkapass and Gotthardpass this year.
We started with Champs from the east, which is the toughest climb of the three, at least rgarding the sides we tackled them from. The avg. gradient seems pretty low with 6.2 % but there are a few descents, so effectively you're mostly climbing at 8% or more. Allos from south is really gentle, except for the last 6 km or so it's basically a long valley ride. The upper switchbacks are spectacular though. The descent is quite infamous, super technical and in terrible condition, not as bad as the one from Champs though. Cayolle from the North is amazingly beautiful and very diverse. Spectacular canyon at the bottom, and high mountain scenery at the top. I can really only recommend it!
We're gonna tackle Turini tomorrow, so let's see how that goes.

Oct 12, 2019
www.bikejar.com
Gravel bikes are becoming very popular these days. I've been biking in the Gravel Area for a while. Although I haven't bought a gravel bike yet? I'm thinking of buying a gravel bike. When I was searching for a Gravel bike! I found that in online, there was not a lot of articles on gravel bicycle.

I'm lucky I got some good articles. Being one of them is BikeJar , I also got some more good articles on bikerider.com . I'd like to read about a Gravel bike and want to write my own experience.
Thank you very much for the threads here. I will come to see the update.

Winter made me switch to running for the last 6 weeks or so. These last few days it has been so warm in southern Germany that I went for a nice ride on saturday. Climbed Weißer Stein, north of Heidelberg like I do it so often. There were some snow remnants from two nights before though and I carelessly went for shorts... Descent was horrofic with the ice water splashing against my bare legs :oops:

Today's ride (the hour or so of it outside the few urban minutes at the beginning and the end) I shared by country lanes and villages with 46 pedestrians ((including 3 joggers), 38 cyclists, 31 cars, 2 buses, 7 dogs, 2 pheasants, about 6 partridges, and 2 crows.

More bikes than cars: lockdown is not all bad.

This week I did the final climb of the Innsbruck WC a few times, the ungodly steep parrt near the end is always hard, but you can make it if you take it rather easy until then.
The whole travel restriction could be an advantage for those of us who are living in the Alpes and love riding their bikes. One will probably hav to deal with significantly less motobikes, cars and tourist busses on the well known climbs, that's at least something.

I was on one of my usual routes, and in May and June it is just so nice around here (in other months it's... well, not really special). In these days the green takes over the banks of the canal abundantly and there are poppies all around, on all the grass and field's verges.
One thing that has taken my attention this year are these "tricycles" for adults or older children. I had never seen them before, now I see them frequently. Are they "new"? A trend? And what's the deal with them, they don't have the flexibility of a bike, so what's the advantage?

TRENDING THREADS