• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The worst of race profiles

The idea of this thread is to compile all the cringeworthy profiles that race organisers use to present and promote their races. Over the years we have seen a lot of these unfortunately. So let's see how it should NOT be done.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about race design here, rather the visual side/(non)accuracy of the official profiles.

The first to start it up, is not the absolute worst I have ever seen, but one that I stumbled upon recently. The race is Grande Prémio Internacional Beiras e Serra da Estrela, a new 2.1 race in Portugal.

Altimetria%20%203%C2%AA%20etapa%282%29.png

You would think the riders will pack some climbing equipment to be prepared for the walls, sometimes even climbing backwards. Also note the area for restocking at 1610 metres is shown at about the same height as the sprint at 710 m. :rolleyes:

Gigs_98 said:
Ricco' said:
Gigs_98 said:
Someone should have taught the Österreich Rundfahrt organizers how 3d works
13060411190-hoehenprofil-int-oumlsterreich-rundfahrt-tour-of-austria-2013---etappe-5.jpg

They even have a buffet! Now I'm surprised how Betancur didn't ever showed up in this race.
hahaha, didn't even notice that :D :D :D
Now you, you, don't mind our fatties' buffet... we're just only getting ready for our Sonntagberg!

(Apparently, or something like that. Ach du lieber...)

TRENDING THREADS