• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Yates (AKA the TUE Brothers)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:
It is ok Simon didn't test positive. Walsh claims it was the doctors mistake.

Yet Orica haven't sacked the Doctor who dropped the ball. Maybe it's just me but if I was an owner/GM of a team and one of the valuable assets was unable to partake in events because of a "mistake" by a member of staff, that staff member would be fired.

Yates bros to Sky soon.

Please not, even poels not gets hyped as a potential grand tour winner. With the two yates brothers they ve got like 8 potential leaders for a grand tour.

Benotti69 said:
BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:

Yet Orica haven't sacked the Doctor who dropped the ball. Maybe it's just me but if I was an owner/GM of a team and one of the valuable assets was unable to partake in events because of a "mistake" by a member of staff, that staff member would be fired.

Yates bros to Sky soon.
Only with the correct DNA.

Benotti69 said:
BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:

Yates bros to Sky soon.

Yes, Walsh is already laying the ground work by blaming the Orica Doctor on Simons positive. Looks like this will enable them to get around their non doping policy. The next big great British hope when Chris starts fading.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Nick C. said:
I thought they passed on Sky when they turned pro. They had no interest in being cannon fodder domestiques for Froome.

Sky originally offered Simon a pro contract but not Adam. They didn't want to be split up.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Nick C. said:
I thought they passed on Sky when they turned pro. They had no interest in being cannon fodder domestiques for Froome.

And I bet they realise that they wont be TdF winners while Sky are in the peloton anytime soon.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site

Cannibal72 said:
Nick C. said:

Sky originally offered Simon a pro contract but not Adam. They didn't want to be split up.
Thanks. I only remembered half the story.

May 26, 2009
Visit site

Nick C. said:
Cannibal72 said:
Nick C. said:

Thanks. I only remembered half the story.

Which is funny, because now they can offer Adam a contract but not Simon. ZTP.

Jens Voigt saying that with Froome and Adam the UK will dominate the TdF for the next 10 years! That'll go down well in these parts.

Simon's positive (regardless of circumstance) coinciding with a consistent and sharp improvement in the brothers (and Chavez) in the past two years for a team with no previous GT pedigree or a big budget sadly makes it difficult for me not to be more than a little sceptical of what is going at Orica.

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

PremierAndrew said:
hrotha said:
PremierAndrew said:
A Yates never been top 5 in a WT stage race before. Definitely suspicious
Simon was 5th at the Dauphiné last year.

A Yates as in Adam Yates, not one Yates

And even if Simon was in Adam's position, it would still be suspicious. It's just that there are so many riders who are even more suspicious that these guys get swept under the carpet to a large extent

Won Tour of Turkey, 5th in Tour of Cal, 6th in Dauphine. He's only raced in two GT's and is 23 years old. Not like he has zero pedigree.

Re:

2008885 said:
Sorry, are you saying it's disgusting that a Brit won (another) stage, or that another Yates won a stage? (Or both of course).

she is saying a rider she does not like won a stage. anyone reacts differently. later it seems fans can´t cope with the results sometimes.
disgusting? it´s racing baby. havent we learned about what we are watching?

I don't think protection. It's interesting to see the two progress along different paths from junior level and conjoin on very similar levels at Orica on equal footings. Simon went into pro cycling via British Cycling Olympic Academy programme and Adam the more traditional route like Millar, Wegelius & Tiernan Locke with Dave Raynor fund. This year at least, it's like they've booth stepped up together at the same time. Take from that what you will.

Definitely grounds to be suspicious of both Yates lads and OBE given the testing history of the likes of Impey and Simon. Although worth noting Simon lost 1min 20secs of his 1min 55secs lead to Chavez on the last climb at a time you know Simon will have been giving everything to try and get a stage win and podium.

Glad to see this thread not being so active. Claims that posts against Sky are not anti-British and are only made because of Sky's PR about clean cycling would be undermined if British OBE riders who were targeted in the clinic more than say Chavez (who is a comparable performer on the same team and not British).

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Fergoose said:
Definitely grounds to be suspicious of both Yates lads and OBE given the testing history of the likes of Impey and Simon. Although worth noting Simon lost 1min 20secs of his 1min 55secs lead to Chavez on the last climb at a time you know Simon will have been giving everything to try and get a stage win and podium.

Glad to see this thread not being so active. Claims that posts against Sky are not anti-British and are only made because of Sky's PR about clean cycling would be undermined if British OBE riders who were targeted in the clinic more than say Chavez (who is a comparable performer on the same team and not British).

There are no grounds to be suspicious, one failed a test. 4 month suspension. The excuses thrown up are BS. Now Orica are full of former dopers so it doesn't take Einstein to see what is going on. Same as all the other teams.

The excuses may be BS but the authorities say they investigated the excuse and found it entirely credible. That has to count for something (even if like me you err on the side of thinking OBE are systematically doping). I remember someone giving Rui Costa a free pass in the clinic for a comparable situation.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Orica are such a nobrainer, there's little to discuss.

Shayne Bannan, general manager, was mixing it up with Cecchini and Sassi and the Mapei institute already in the early 2000s.
Neil Stephens is a great lad, but also a known doper.
Same for Matt White.
Those three names tie Orica directly to all the big doping docs and doping scandals in the modern history of procycling.

I know little about Andrew and Gerry Ryan's involvement, but Gerry being a "horse racing tycoon" (wiki), I can't say that sounds reassuring either.