• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 111 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Time to lit some candles, fill up the medicine cabinet, the bar, with Champagne and cheap beer. Plan for any outcome.

Pluses: Jumbo has no Kruijswijk, Roglic may be limited week one. No Froome or Thomas with Ineos.

Question marks: Gaudu being as good as last year after recovering from sickness, Reichenbach underwhelming at the CdD...can he contribute big?

Cons: history.

Well, 2020 is a year like nothing else, a year when the Chiefs win a Superbowl. They were Pinot, breaking their fans' hearts every year, finding new ways to lose when the ultimate prize is right there; in 2020 they won the whole thing. 2020 is the year when the impossible happens.

Allez Thibaut!!!

Time to lit some candles, fill up the medicine cabinet, the bar, with Champagne and cheap beer. Plan for any outcome.

Pluses: Jumbo has no Kruijswijk, Roglic may be limited week one. No Froome or Thomas with Ineos.

Question marks: Gaudu being as good as last year after recovering from sickness, Reichenbach underwhelming at the CdD...can he contribute big?

Well, 2020 is a year like nothing else, a year when the Chiefs win a Superbowl. They were Pinot, breaking their fans' hearts every year, finding new ways to lose when the ultimate prize is right there; in 2020 they won the whole thing. 2020 is the year when the impossible happens.

Allez Thibaut!!!
The last time Liverpool won a Championship, nobody thought we'd see a Brit win Wimbledon before a Frenchman won the Tour.

The last time Liverpool won a Championship, nobody thought we'd see a Brit win Wimbledon before a Frenchman won the Tour.
Liverpool beat St.Etienne, my uncle in attendance. Liverpool fans throwing potatoes with sharpened two pence coins against the other supporters. The '85 game. A shame. I love the Beatles, not Liverpool,. Not PSG, same stupid fans. The list goes on and on, unfortunately. You give love a bad name.

Brits in tennis, yes, that's the closest thing. I was happy for Murray. Is Pinot Henman or Murray?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Allez Thibaut!!!

I thought Reichenbach was riding pretty well in Dauphiné.

Liverpool beat St.Etienne, my uncle in attendance. Liverpool fans throwing potatoes with sharpened two pence coins against the other supporters. The '85 game. A shame. I love the Beatles, not Liverpool,. Not PSG, same stupid fans. The list goes on and on, unfortunately. You give love a bad name.

Brits in tennis, yes, that's the closest thing. I was happy for Murray. Is Pinot Henman or Murray?
I have friends who are Liverpool fans. They would have been 7 in 1985. The history of that era is... problematic.

Henman never had the bad luck Pinot has had. He just was clearly a level below the grand slam winners of his day.

It is now or never for Thibaut. The coming years belong to the next generation like Pogacar, Evenepoel and Bernal. Hoping for the best, expecting...yeah I don't know. It could be anything between podium and DNF after a bee sting or crashing because of sheep suddenly deciding to cross the road in front of him!

Reactions: Sandisfan
Pinot's rivals have their issues. Bernal says his back is still not 100%. Roglic is still banged up. Buchmann is banged up. DuMoulin had more than a year off for injury, very little racing, maybe too undercooked. Carapaz still a bit banged up and wasn't targeting TDF. Sivakov looks good but is not team leader. Lopez less than dazzling so far. Uran not looking super (yet). Poga looking stronger at the end of the Dauphine but still very young. Bardet and Landa? Not showing too much. Higuita for EF got a bit banged up, too. Dani Martinez looked great at the Dauphine, but that was a one-week race and he is not the sole team leader. Alaphilippe looking like his pre-2019 self, which can be great for stages but not so much for GC. Quintana? Knee still a sore spot?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS