• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thread planning

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Request: when MvdP, Van Aert & Pidcock return to Cyclocross early december, I think they deserve a dedicated CX thread here in the road section, given their status as road superstars. I know there's an entire CX forum section, but that's completely deserted as nobody bothers to click their way there.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Request: when MvdP, Van Aert & Pidcock return to Cyclocross early december, I think they deserve a dedicated CX thread here in the road section, given their status as road superstars. I know there's an entire CX forum section, but that's completely deserted as nobody bothers to click their way there.
Cyclocross "Race Thread" has been the go to thread for televised CX events - even if it's hard to find.
I'd say:
Either make a permanent CX thread in this (Professional Road Racing )
else leave it where it is.
But don't split the audience by star riders presence.

• Wow
Either make a permanent CX thread in this (Professional Road Racing )

Yes, that's what I'm proposing. The CX subsection is visited very infrequently. I'm 100% sure there's more than enough interest in what road superstars MvdP, Van Aert & Pidcock are doing over the winter (while nothing else is happening) to warrant an easily reachable CX thread here in the road section. Plenty of people who don't follow CX live will still be interested in reading discussion, asking questions, checking highlights, etc. Without said thread, CX discussion will be meagre, divided over various (individual rider) threads here in the road section anyway.

Yes, that's what I'm proposing. The CX subsection is visited very infrequently. I'm 100% sure there's enough interest in what road stars MvdP, Van Aert & Pidcock are doing over the winter (while nothing else is happening) to warrant an easily reachable CX thread here in the road section. If not discussion will probably be divided over the individual racers threads anyway.

I dunno. It always seem to come back alive when the CX season starts up again.

'Alive' - meaning a whopping 1.5 thread pages dedicated to the fabulous 2020 Namur battle between MvdP, Van Aert en Pidcock? I get that CX will never hit TdF level forum popularity, but this is just a missed opportunity for the sake of sticking to 1999 forum lay-outs.

It should be quite easy to move the CX race thread to the Professional Road section during the CX season. Might even hyperlink it from either section.

So my idea is:

-Move the entire CX pro race thread here to the pro road section during the CX season
-Place a sticky announcement with hyperlink to the CX thread here in the CX section
-Move it back to the CX section after the CX season ends.

Last edited:
  • Love

TRENDING THREADS