• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Three Days of De Panne

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Millar worked a lot yesterday too... You can't realy know but I think that with his experience Millar knows perfectly his body. And btw : he won a TT 3 days ago ... :cool:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
What on earth happened to Westra? Didn't see the stage today, but I'm quite surprised to find him out of GC contention.

Hard to tell when he got dropped with all the chaos today. It's just been a really tough race so far, only three guys have managed to make the selection two days in a row.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Hard to tell when he got dropped with all the chaos today. It's just been a really tough race so far, only three guys have managed to make the selection two days in a row.

The weather was brutal!! A total death march...

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah, but Grivko must have wasted a lot of powers today. But it's true, he isn't that far of Millar either

I would say Millar wasted a lot of power today as well. From what I could see when the live video finally came up, there was a tremendous amount of work being doing by the chase group to cut the breakaway's advantage. Obviously Grivko was on the front end with a much smaller group, but I don't know that Millar will enter tomorrow would a decided power advantage because of Grivko's efforts today (Millar said he was tired after yesterday's stage, so that may be a factor to consider as well).

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
My one concern is the new "ride like a loony" philosophy to Time Trials. By its nature, it means taking more chances and throwing caution to the wind. It worked brilliantly at Criterium International, but if he tries it every time, there could be some bad days. So if he has the option, does he take just enough risks to win, or does he go for the best possible time? We'll see. Actually, his claims of how smart he was yesterday got me wondering as well.

I think that particular 'ride like a loony' strategy was mainly related to the shorter TT, I mean, I know it is not 50kms but you 14 kms pacing will play more of a part than the blast that was the CI TT. I reckon it was probably related to Millar not going hard enoguh in the P-N TT, rather than his TT overall, afterall he did win the Vuelta TT last year, his first really big win a while

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Euskatel beat QSI in the teams classification for the stage today!:eek:

17 BMC Racing Team 0:38:12
18 Euskaltel - Euskadi
19 Quick Step 0:42:21

BMC are ahead of Euskatel in the overall team classification.

18 BMC Racing Team 1:11:25
19 Euskaltel - Euskadi 1:11:31
20 Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne 1:16:24
21 Colnago - CSF Inox 1:39:33
22 Vorarlberg - Corratec 1:39:36

Seriously Ballan was 11mins behind today. He is really struggling for form.
pic100038493_600.jpg

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Ah yes, Evans has been good. My bad, I have belgium tinted goggles I suppose.

But Hincapie making the selection in Gent doesn't count. He didnt do anything in the break. Even Vanmarcke managed to attack.

auscyclefan94 said:
Tirrenno, TDU, GW just to name a few.

Huh? I think you mean Cadel, rather than BMC, at Tirreno.
The whole team was at the front at one point, during the Queen stage, but were blown out to a man, by Vino's attack, within the space of 500 metres.
GW? I didn't see them, but you may be right, as at one point I popped out to make a cup of coffee.:rolleyes:

What time is kick off live, this morning?

BroDeal said:
Two French, one American, and (if Millar peforms later) one British stage wins in De Panne. Interesting.
Indeed, after the Belgians failed to win Omloop, Kuurne, Dwars door Vlaanderen, E3 Prijs ánd Gent Wevelgem, they now also look to finish with no win in de Panne.

However, don't be suprised if the biggest 2, Flanders and Roubaix, go to a Belgian..

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Good for Farrar!! Happy for some slight results for Skil!! And I agree with Dekker_Tifosi...Belgians will go well this weekend and next.