• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tim Kerrison

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Yeah I was gonna have a go at DB on twitter about that but might ask him instead.

Couldn't agree more - I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I hope like f*ck it's a Kerrison quote, although you'd think with the inverted commas everywhere else he would have included them for that.

Ugh.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Kerrison really showing off all his brilliance in that interview.

"Health was probably an element"
mkay.

...if Chris had been here and what still went wrong that we could have avoided. It’s a bit like crashing
didn't Chris actually crash?

"You can’t always prevent crashing but you can prevent yourself so that you minimise risk, and it’s the same with health"
what a spoon.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
So typical of Australian swimming doping or training method. They won the second right after USA on the gold medal stand at 2008 Olympics. But four years later, almost the same swimmers could only manage one shameful gold medal.:eek:

Dear Wiggo said:
Not only did Sky's marginal gains allow them to dominate stage racing for a couple of years, but they were so good at it, that

Wait what!?

So let me get this straight.

Sky were the only team doing marginal gains, no other team did anything.

Sky can dominate because of this.

Sky dominate, and not only do the other teams replicate those secret, undocumented marginal gains, but then tweak and improve them. Having never done anything like it before.

:confused:

Wait, what?!

Why do you hate success? Tim is trying to keep his job.
Maybe you just hate sky, the British, Aussies, or something else. You, and any other person trying to make sense of this nonsense are the problem.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I love that sky just handed out their marginal gains secrets for everyone to see. Here is something that can win you the tour easily, and we have no problem sharing it with everyone. But yet the power data is top secret.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
I thought I replied to Daniel Benson's tweet advertising his Kerrison interview last night, but the reply is gone.

Here's a screenshot just so I don't lose the plot in some alternate universe:

https://twitter.com/DearWiggo/status/493596719720845312

977sPWJ.png

AICA ribonucleotide said:
Yeah all the other teams are copying Sky marginal gains...
Over at AG2R riders have to pay for their own power meters if they want to use them yet they were the strongest team in the race.

INRNG said:
It&#8217] it could be the riders pay a “trade” price and besides as these are tools of the trade, hopefully it’s all tax-deductible meaning it doesn’t actually cost anything to the rider[/B]

If that's the case - which it probably is - maybe it's not such a bad idea...

Plus being able to buy an accurate power meter might be superior to be sponsored by an error-prone product.

Like Stages?

I've been hanging about the clinic for too long :)

Trott was interviewed post medal in the Commie Games points race and informed the viewers she hadn't slept before the silver in the pursuit as she had to call the doctor twice and turns out she had a kidney infection...still ripped up the pursuit and then points...

funny how sick BC/Sky riders are so good...if only they were healthy..oh no, wait...:)

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Along with not sticking out the knees and elbows like the overweight 50yo who lives down the street :rolleyes:

Yep only riders who look elegant on a bike should be allowed to be professionals, oh wait doesn't that leave out Eddy `the postman' Merckx (copyright Jacques Anquetil)?

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
gillan1969 said:
I've been hanging about the clinic for too long :)

Trott was interviewed post medal in the Commie Games points race and informed the viewers she hadn't slept before the silver in the pursuit as she had to call the doctor twice and turns out she had a kidney infection...still ripped up the pursuit and then points...

funny how sick BC/Sky riders are so good...if only they were healthy..oh no, wait...:)

Best to get your facts right before you cast aspersions although that's never stopped anyone else in the clinic so no reason why you should be any different.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
The one she apparently got the silver in.

Wow. The dice are certainly loaded on favour of British riders as they appear to dish out medals to those who don't even qualify for the medal rounds!

Or maybe Gillian thought Trott ripped up the Team Pursuit that isn't on the Commie Games programme?

TRENDING THREADS