• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tim Kerrison

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bernie's eyesore said:
Best to get your facts right before you cast aspersions although that's never stopped anyone else in the clinic so no reason why you should be any different.
Pretty sure he did. Or was this interview just a red herring?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/trott-battles-illness-to-take-gold-at-commonwealth-games

On Thursday morning, Trott was diagnosed with a kidney infection, after suffering back pains the night before. However, after putting in all the training she was reticent to throw it all away and chose to race on regardless. After living off porridge for the last two days, the English rider struggled initially, but slowly came good at the right time.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
if only you fans leapt on the inaccuracies that come out of TeamSky as virulently......:rolleyes:

Sky don't post here. If they did I'd probably pose them a few questions. I was posing a direct question to a fellow poster, as there's a decent chance one might get an answer.

I don't generally comment on what I consider to be pro-Sky inaccuracies here, as there are plenty of folk more eloquent than me who seem keen to do that!

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Kidney infection. 20 years old. Seems legit.
although kidney infections are relatively rare (ca. 1 on a 1000 suffers from a kidney infection), they mostly affect younger women.

They can happen at any age, but are much more common in women. In fact, women are six times more likely to get a kidney infection than men. This is because a woman's urethra is shorter, making it easier for bacteria to reach the kidneys.

Younger women are most at risk because they tend to be more sexually active, and having frequent sex increases the chances of getting a kidney infection.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Kidney-infection/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Dear Wiggo said:

<conspiracy theory>Wonder where EPO is produced in the body...</conspiracy theory>

If you have a kidney infection, your blood values can be as whacked as you like - the kidney infection can be used as a mask, yeah?

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Dear Wiggo said:

<conspiracy theory>Wonder where EPO is produced in the body...</conspiracy theory>

If you have a kidney infection, your blood values can be as whacked as you like - the kidney infection can be used as a mask, yeah?

I mean. Kidney infection and continue competing. Not just competing, but winning.

:confused:

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:

I mean. Kidney infection and continue competing. Not just competing, but winning.

when i responded to your post i wasn't even aware she had won gold.
yes, that is very dodgy.
with a kidney infection you typically have trouble peeing. the peeing hurts.
to treat it, among other things, it is important you hit the toilet immediately when you feel like peeing.
if the infection develops further, you face all sorts of risks (e.g. fertility-related). You need to treat it immediately.
bottomline: you don't go on and race for gold a day after being diagnosed with a kidney infection.
the story is BS and, yes, very possibly a means to cover up blood doping.
amazing how reporters just take over such stories without any questioning.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:

It wouldn't explain her blood values prior to last week, unless you are suggesting she has just started doping.

sniper said:
.. you don't go on and race for gold a day after being diagnosed with a kidney infection...

I have direct experience with a person who had a kidney infection. I can't see how it would be possible to ride. Bladder infection? Probably. But, what a distraction.

Let's be fair, it could be the case of more medical terms being casually misused.

DirtyWorks said:
I have direct experience with a person who had a kidney infection. I can't see how it would be possible to ride. Bladder infection? Probably. But, what a distraction.

Let's be fair, it could be the case of more medical terms being casually misused.

I did like the "slowly came good". Like in 2 days!! :eek:

That's real slow to completely recover from a kidney infection & be at commonwealth beating form!

That's magical gains.

sniper said:
with a kidney infection you typically have trouble peeing. the peeing hurts.
to treat it, among other things, it is important you hit the toilet immediately when you feel like peeing.

No, these are the symptoms of a urinary infection.
There are different kinds of kidney infections. Mine, for instance, wasn't painful and I didn't feel the urgency to go to the bathroom. I felt like I had a flu, with fever and tiredness and all... I certainly wasn't able to leave the bed for a week and my blood was a mess.

sniper said:
bottomline: you don't go on and race for gold a day after being diagnosed with a kidney infection.
the story is BS

I agree.

Dear Wiggo said:
Sounds terrible.

Can you elaborate on "my blood was a mess"?

Not really, it was long time ago. I don't have lab results any more, but when my doc saw them, she knew immediately I didn't have a flu, although all usual symptoms were there.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
to be honest, i always considered laura trott even more hardcore than froomey himself. that olympics kilometer still in my mind. hope she's ok though, ricco went through hell for his problem

So far then, we have had Trott finishing first and second in a race she finished sixth in in the Commonwealth Games, managing to excuse several years of a dodgy biological passport based on an illness which lasted a few days, now we have a suspect performance in the Olympics in a race which never actually took place. Great work everyone!

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
Her 35.110 was another Olympic record for the dominant British track cycling team.

500 meters at omnium. my bad. with 50 kilos and 1.50 or whatever

Her time was well over a second outside the Olympic record and she was only three hundredths faster than the runner up in that event. Anyway, maybe someone should start a thread for made up stuff about Laura Trott, this is supposed to be the thread for making up stuff about Tim Kerrison.

i won't bother. she's cute. too cute to have a thread here
925023_orig.jpg

discussion over.

Bernie's eyesore said:
Her time was well over a second outside the Olympic record and she was only three hundredths faster than the runner up in that event. Anyway, maybe someone should start a thread for made up stuff about Laura Trott, this is supposed to be the thread for making up stuff about Tim Kerrison.

it's the irony..............

SKY/BC narrative is that they win BECAUSE of the things they do differently...however, increasingly it appears to be IN SPITE of severe enough health issues to need an emergency drugs administration (Froome - notwithstanding his ongoing health problems of course ;)) and a sleep so disrupted it resulted in two phone calls to the Docs (Trott)....

great performances usually follow a conflation of everything going perfectly...in SKY's case they follow when everything goes wrong...I mean they must be really good.... :rolleyes:

gillan1969 said:
it's the irony..............

SKY/BC narrative is that they win BECAUSE of the things they do differently...however, increasingly it appears to be IN SPITE of severe enough health issues to need an emergency drugs administration (Froome - notwithstanding his ongoing health problems of course ;)) and a sleep so disrupted it resulted in two phone calls to the Docs (Trott)....

great performances usually follow a conflation of everything going perfectly...in SKY's case they follow when everything goes wrong...I mean they must be really good.... :rolleyes:

BC cyclist "Doc I feel down and I'm not winning but my health is generally good"

Doctor: "Sounds like a kidney infection to me, take these pills and give this script to to the drugs testers. You should feel better in 24 hours and win".

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I have to confess, I'm rather confused here. What with the Lovely Laura being ticked off for winning medals in events she's not contested and breaking records during the Olympic Omnium in events that aren't actually in the Omnium, a certain level of confusion is perhaps understandable.

Even so, I'm not sure what she's actually guilty of re the Commie Games. (I would say "accused of" but obviously in the Clinic, accusation and guilt are the same thing, so the distinction isn't necessary.)

Is it that she's faked a kidney infection so she can pass off potential dodgy blood readings after winning the Points Race as being due to the kidney medication?

Or is it that she made such a miraculous recovery from a kidney problem that he Points Race win can only be due to doping?

Any clarity on the issue above would be much appreciated. Thanks.

And now a general question: Even if Trott is a Riis-style doper, is it likely that as a quadruple World Champ and double Olympic Champ on the boards, she'd bother shooting up to win the non-Olympic event (with no funding or qualification benefits) Commie Games Points Race?

I can agree with Gavandope about Queen Vic. There's no ambiguity or confusion there!

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
BC cyclist "Doc I feel down and I'm not winning but my health is generally good"

Doctor: "Sounds like a kidney infection to me, take these pills and give this script to to the drugs testers. You should feel better in 24 hours and win".

I lost all faith in the british empire after I heard about the Queens horse doping and getting away with it. Nothing will surprise me anymore.

TRENDING THREADS