• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Time RXR Ulteam vs Carvélo Soloist S3

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Time RXR Ulteam vs Carvélo Soloist S3

Hi everyone, first post here.

I have an "old" Look 381 frame that so far lasted over 60000 Km. Ufortunatelly it is starting to show some signs of wear, especially, the back as bent to the point that the rear wheel doesn't align with the frame anymore.

I'll have to substitue the frame one of these days and will probably go for one of the new wave aero road frames. The Cervélo Soloist made a name for itself by introducing this new concept of aero frames besides delivering quite a good looking package.

But the new Time is outstanding, the neatest bike I've ever seen. In doubt? Check these photos:

rxrut_pp1.jpg

rxrut_pp3.jpg

More here:

http://pistapalace.com/red_dragon.html

So, between that and the Soloist, what would you go for?

deSousa said:
Hi everyone, first post here.

I have an "old" Look 381 frame that so far lasted over 60000 Km. Ufortunatelly it is starting to show some signs of wear, especially, the back as bent to the point that the rear wheel doesn't align with the frame anymore.

I'll have to substitue the frame one of these days and will probably go for one of the new wave aero road frames. The Cervélo Soloist made a name for itself by introducing this new concept of aero frames besides delivering quite a good looking package.

But the new Time is outstanding, the neatest bike I've ever seen. In doubt? Check these photos:

rxrut_pp1.jpg

rxrut_pp3.jpg

More here:

http://pistapalace.com/red_dragon.html

So, between that and the Soloist, what would you go for?

Cables are too short...

Get the one w/o a seatmast.