• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Timing Issues...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone else find it interesting that the UCI always seems to come out at this time of year (pre Tour) and that is when they want to release names from the biological passport, or doping cases? I find it ironic that we don't see this kind of activity in say November or December? I know some will say the racing schedule etc. but I don't buy it. How many names are going to be released in the next week or so? Thoughts?

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
Does anyone else find it interesting that the UCI always seems to come out at this time of year (pre Tour) and that is when they want to release names from the biological passport, or doping cases? I find it ironic that we don't see this kind of activity in say November or December? I know some will say the racing schedule etc. but I don't buy it. How many names are going to be released in the next week or so? Thoughts?

Its only because Bernard Kohl has released the names of top dopers, doctors and team managers already to the press. Watch the drip out in the next 4 weeks....... no rider dare win a stage in case their name is released with evidence from BK the not so friendly bear.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The timing issue is now so burned in we expect positives to be reported at this time. Much like the the tour in July we now have doping results pre-tour right on schedule. Its more than a fact its a trend.

TRDean said:
The names could be similar to the top riders that rode the Giro last year. I am not sure but it might have to do with the CONI investigation of samples of the 2008 Giro.