• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tinkov - no doping exists in cycling

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ferminal said:
Technically Tinkov is correct, you're not doping if you don't get caught, thus his ethics cannot be faulted.

And, technically, you're not cheating if you don't get caught? And your ethics cannot be faulted if you don't get caught?

In the world of professional cycling, the answer to both questions is a resounding YES!!!

Fausto's Schnauzer said:
AlbertosCarneAstana.jpg

Oh my lord :D

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Oleg is just comic relief. This statement is just another little gem. I started following him on Twitter because it was just filled with ridiculous goodies, not at least attacking Bjarne and the team itself for poor performances.

Now he can do what he feels is necessary to get the results he demands. It will be entertaining, I'm sure.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty clear: Tinkoff just wants to put his head in the sand about doping issues that surround the sport and instead just wants to taste the champagne as a team owner.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
jyhjyh said:

So he got started out buying and selling stuff? No particular expertise in any area. I see no reason to believe he didn't rip off a lot of people to get where he is like most people that rich. However, he might just have got lucky and worked long days but like a successful doper in cycling I would guess he worked really hard AND did unethical things.

From what I know Bill Gates is a businessman that I can celebrate, Harvard level maths, thousands of hours spent on a computer meant he could accurately predict the changes in the market in the forthcoming personal computer revolution.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CsGihiSE6sM

Briant_Gumble said:
So he got started out buying and selling stuff? No particular expertise in any area. I see no reason to believe he didn't rip off a lot of people to get where he is like most people that rich. However, he might just have got lucky and worked long days but like a successful doper in cycling I would guess he worked really hard AND did unethical things.

Just your typical fraudster.

http://www.bne.eu/story5445

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Almeisan said:
How did Tinkov ever get the ability to get that rich? He seems like a complete tool.

I guess even people like him could get tons of cash and assets in the post Soviet collapse plundering of state assets.

Not all people act like other people expect them to do. Back in the 70's and 80's we had a totally crazy guy that own the largest charter travel agency inthe world.

He had a bunch of young ladies serving him breakfast naked and he had a orgie publicly in Tivoli once.

He made things that make Tinkov look like a preacher and he still was worth more than a billion.

Behind all the crazy things there was a very clever guy with a razor sharp brain.

Don't get it wrong Tinkov is a very smart businessman and I think he really belives what he says. He actually earned all his money from buying and selling, not from stealing oil from some russian provins.

Briant_Gumble said:
From what I know Bill Gates is a businessman that I can celebrate, Harvard level maths, thousands of hours spent on a computer meant he could accurately predict the changes in the market in the forthcoming personal computer revolution.

Ohhh no.

He used Mum and Dad's considerable fortunes as leverage and then used the gaps in intellectual property regulations to enter the market. Once in, really was an 80's robber barron determined to fix the market for computing products and services. And later fixed those holes in intellectual property regulation to limit competition.

He uses his foundation to enforce and extend the American intellectual property rights model oh, and do some other stuff they like to talk quite a bit about. Really, it's a much more well done version of Livestrong profit/charity scam.

He's actually, a perfect billionaire cycling-team-as-a-hobby personality. Doping and buying race podiums from the UCI/ASO would be no problem.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Ohhh no.

He used Mum and Dad's considerable fortunes as leverage and then used the gaps in intellectual property regulations to enter the market. Once in, really was an 80's robber barron determined to fix the market for computing products and services. And later fixed those holes in intellectual property regulation to limit competition and uses his foundation to capture intellectual property rights worldwide on his way to creating a two social class planet.

He's actually, a perfect billionaire cycling-team-as-a-hobby personality. Doping and buying race podiums from the UCI/ASO would be no problem.

What do you mean by creating a two social class planet?

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Vino isn't Russian. He's Kazakh.

Worse still! Are no Slavs safe from innuendo?:eek:

(PS joking aside, for some reason I had it in my head vino was a dual national. Is that just my premature senility catching me?)

Moose McKnuckles said:
Vino isn't Russian. He's Kazakh.

Better still!!!

For Yanks it's JV vs Tinkov.
For Brits it's Brailsford vs Tinkov.

The Astana "bad guy" didn't really work out and Katousha... well, the cold war ended and the Yanks won.

Americans with their horrible geography can generate all kinds of ridiculous suspicions for themselves.

Looking forward to the WWE-style show with Sky dominating stage racing for six solid months and Contador rediscovering his former performance about June, 2014.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Briant_Gumble said:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CsGihiSE6sM

Uh no. BG was lucky, and at the right time, using someone else's software, in the right place. Harvard level maths? Puhlease. BG is like Tinkov in a way - good sales person.

Like Dave Brailsford.

Except Tinkov has sold things, whereas DB sells ideas and theories. Not sure they could switch places, although Jv has done remarkably well turning real estate sales into DB-style idea and theory sales.