• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno-Adriatico 2014 Discussion - Who will win?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yes and that is one of 2 stages. don't eb surporised to see guys like sagan hang on to that in march

But not on Passo Lanciano with 16,5k @ 7%. And the finale with this insane muro is also too much. Siena last saturday showed this clearly.

Escarabajo said:
Are you talking about the 46 seconds he lost in a race that he had no interest on and that he was riding for Valverde?

yes, yes I am. I understand the first situation where he set up Valverde. Generally surprised he lost contact on the 2nd smaller climb and apparently didn't stay with the larger group that swept up the 2nd group just before the finish line. As I've already said, i may be reading far too much into yesterday's race. Time will tell.

Looks like it will come down on Porte vs. Quintana.
The two have shown the most so far of all lining up and the route is perfectly composed for their duel
If Valverde was there he should have been the third man, but it seems it has become too much for Movistar to have them together.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
sir fly said:
The two have shown the most so far of all lining up and the route is perfectly composed for their duel
If Valverde was there he should have been the third man, but it seems it has become too much for Movistar to have them together.

Dont think Quintana will be in the mix for the overall.

Berti, Kwiat, Porte for top 3. Dunno which order though.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
MatParker117 said:
He lost seventeen minutes on one mountain stage and four minutes the next day.

Lool, its beyond me you guys keep taking the bait.

troll.jpg

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
fauniera said:
Why should Contador and Porte be in the mix and Quintana not? Doesn't make sense to me. It's Kwia vs. Nairo for me.

Thats my gut feeling after his mediocre resulte since San Luis and the flat TT. But I hope he will surprise me postively and dismantle Porte totally.

sir fly said:
What have Porte shown so far that neither Contador nor Kwiatkowski has?

fauniera said:
I'm hoping for Pozzovivo to put in a decent attack on Lanciano (as he will lose quite a lot of time in both time trials). That could ignite some nice racing.
Remember this one? :D

Stage 11 (ITT) » Tarazona › Tarazona (38.8k/24.1m)
1 CANCELLARA Fabian RadioShack - Leopard 16 80 51:00 45.647
2 MARTIN Tony Omega Pharma - Quick-Step 8 50 0:37 45.102
3 POZZOVIVO Domenico AG2R La Mondiale 4 35 1:24 44.427

Popchu said:
Remember this one? :D

Stage 11 (ITT) » Tarazona › Tarazona (38.8k/24.1m)
1 CANCELLARA Fabian RadioShack - Leopard 16 80 51:00 45.647
2 MARTIN Tony Omega Pharma - Quick-Step 8 50 0:37 45.102
3 POZZOVIVO Domenico AG2R La Mondiale 4 35 1:24 44.427

Remember this hill? ;)

Both Tirreno time trials are completely flat.