• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico 2021, March 10 - March 16

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage 5 looks really good when looking at the detailed profile. Quite similar to the Recanati stage in 2019 won by Fuglsang, a stage that was truly great and one of the best stages I've seen in a one-week race. These kind of stages should rather be the focus of PN and TA instead of 12-15 km MTFs like Prati di Tivo and the Mercantour climbs in PN.

Well yes, for MVDP and Strade I had image of 2019 WC Road Race in my mind, where it all seems to be in hands of MVDP taking a win, and than boom-he just cracked. I had feeling he's gonna crack in Strade, but we can see he is on much higher level now.

For Tirreno, I do not know. Bernal has to be at least 45 seconds ahead of Pogačar for final time trial if he wants to beat Pogi. Which I do not know, seeing Pogačar being dropped on a long climbs, huh, bad dreams possibly. I think Pogačar will hold on to every pace on climbs. We could see GP Lunigiano that Bernal has a good punch in the moment, but he is missing holding on to a very high steady pace on a climb..My opinion, we will see.

Well yes, for MVDP and Strade I had image of 2019 WC Road Race in my mind, where it all seems to be in hands of MVDP taking a win, and than boom-he just cracked. I had feeling he's gonna crack in Strade, but we can see he is on much higher level now.

For Tirreno, I do not know. Bernal has to be at least 45 seconds ahead of Pogačar for final time trial if he wants to beat Pogi. Which I do not know, seeing Pogačar being dropped on a long climbs, huh, bad dreams possibly. I think Pogačar will hold on to every pace on climbs. We could see GP Lunigiano that Bernal has a good punch in the moment, but he is missing holding on to a very high steady pace on a climb..My opinion, we will see.

He just got a hunger-knock in 2019 Worlds, it's really not about what level he was at.

Also, GP Lunigiano? There is a special thread for made-up races, that a lot of posters are adamant to keep alive.

with TT as last stage, Pogacar must be the favourite to win overall,it will also look like his UAE win, he might not be the strongest climber but good enough to hang around and possibly mug someone at the finish line

curious about van aert, he wanted to go for gc but how is he gonna be able to handle those pogacar/bernal accelerations