• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico 2021, March 10 - March 16

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
But we all love you! That's why we are teasing you. Otherwise we would just ignore you.
(Yeah, I know, I used to love Samu, but that was before he said he stuck needles into a Hodeg doll.)

So you continued to love me in secret after the RhD shot putting incident? :hearteyes:

I have thrown the Hodeg doll out. Now I use a 1:12 scale model of Greipel to make sure I won't go bankrupt after Flanders.

So you continued to love me in secret after the RhD shot putting incident? :hearteyes:

I have thrown the Hodeg doll out. Now I use a 1:12 scale model of Greipel to make sure I won't go bankrupt after Flanders.

Take the Hodeg doll in again! Put it in a bath with essential oils and make sure all stitches are sutured! Then put it on a velvet cushion in your living room and leave it be!

(And also leave Greipel alone, he's a nice guy, too.)

Might simply be a case of wanting to have him start his season a little later.
Can't speak for Chaves, but i know there are other teams keeping riders out of competition, to give some opportunities to other riders, considering a lot of races have been cancelled. So in order to give everybody some races, those aiming for Vuelta/Worlds are being kept out of the team early season.

Take the Hodeg doll in again! Put it in a bath with essential oils and make sure all stitches are sutured! Then put it on a velvet cushion in your living room and leave it be!

(And also leave Greipel alone, he's a nice guy, too.)

I have met you halfway. He is now a soft cushion (I will leave Greipel alone, when I'm sure I won't have to buy you any drinks)

Surprisingly Chaves stayed in Europe in the off-season - Did the TBE pre-season training camp in Mid-January and then returned to Colombia for further training - Should be back in Europe in the next week and kick his season off at Catalunya - His focus this year will be Ardennes and Italian Fall Classics - he is no certainty to ride a GT in 2021.

Hmm, that would be a bit strange. But okay, his recovery has been horrific the past few years so I guess it makes sense.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
get beaten by a shock performance from Van Aert.

I very much doubt that Van Aert will be able to do that, even top10 seems difficult taking into account that he only raced once this season, I would say that Alaphilippe has a clearly better chance of beating the two Tour winners and the rest of the GC field.

However I expect a great battle in the hilly stages between Van Aert, Alaphilippe and Van der Poel.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I very much doubt that Van Aert will be able to do that, even top10 seems difficult taking into account that he only raced once this season, I would say that Alaphilippe has a clearly better chance of beating the two Tour winners and the rest of the GC field.

However I expect a great battle in the hilly stages between Van Aert, Alaphilippe and Van der Poel.
I also doubt van Aert is going home with the win, but i do think it's really not far fetched for him to end up in the top 10. I would actually put a pretty penny on him doing so. Keep in mind this isn't the TDF and quite a few of those guys aren't in prime shape nor motivated, while van Aert, getting ready for the classics and coming off the Teide, is likely closer to prime shape than the likes of Majka or Nibali. Add to that the ITT where he can take 30s and more on all GC favorites except Pogacar, Almeida and Alaphilippe. Add some boni seconds as well, and the fact that half of the GC climbers could get caught out in the hilly stages if raced hard, and Majka, Landa, Pinot, Bardet... could very well have to finish more than 2 minutes ahead of him on the MTF in order to finish ahead of him in GC.

No, i can't imagine him going home the winner, but i can certainly see him in the top 10 maybe even higher than one would think.

That Ineos line-up. Still, don't understand why Adam Yates isn't riding this. He's usually one of the best riders in the world from February to April and I thought that it makes sense to let him all of Tirreno, Catalunya and Itzulia.

I think Landa will surprise a few here. He seems in nice shape and I expect him to go toe to toe with Pogi and Benal on Prati di Tivo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts