• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 2, San Vincenzo -> Indicatore, 232 kms (07/03/2013)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Looking at this I guess it makes sense that Sky doesn't want their classic's squad here. 6 hours in cold weather, rain and extremely dangerous conditions probably isn't ideal preparation. The risk of either getting sick from the cold or crashing is pretty high.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
Looking at this I guess it makes sense that Sky doesn't want their classic's squad here. 6 hours in cold weather, rain and extremely dangerous conditions probably isn't ideal preparation. The risk of either getting sick from the cold or crashing is pretty high.

yeah I'm sure sky could've foreseen the weather in tirreno :rolleyes:

maltiv said:
Sky must have a very good weather forecasts service then :eek:

maltiv said:
Maybe they should sit out of the classics too. Sometimes they have rain and cold too ;)

Ryo Hazuki said:
yeah I'm sure sky could've foreseen the weather in tirreno :rolleyes:
That's not what I said, it's just post-hoc rationalising of the decision.

There were similar conditions last year, which is probably why they chose not to come. In hindsight, it could be a smart decision given the current weather.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
That's not what I said, it's just post-hoc rationalising of the decision.

There were similar conditions last year, which is probably why they chose not to come. In hindsight, it could be a smart decision given the current weather.

then how come other riders didn't become sick last year? do you think riders don't train in the rain? :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS