• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 2, San Vincenzo -> Indicatore, 232 kms (07/03/2013)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
HoinkDoink said:
Still not convinced with the OPQS lead out, they havn't lead Cav out well this season so far, was way back today.

Surprised Greipel didnt get better than 7th, he looked to be in a good position.

Well done Goss

Farrar is still nowhere

Farrar just gave up when he saw he was completely boxed in, at least that's how I interpreted it.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I saw 3 horrible trains in that sprint. Back to the drawing board for QS/Lotto/Canondale.

Why would Canondale make a train by the way, just pilot Sagan behind the big guns and let him do his thing.

At the finish line today.
Does this man look ready?

330-PIC349537308.jpg

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Cav throws his team under the bus in typical fashion. I would hate to be his teammate. You talk about this kind of thing behind closed doors, not trash your team to the press. The leadout was lousy but the dirty laundry should not be aired publicly. Cav is a d**che.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
At the finish line today.
Does this man look ready?

Purito's always ready to shine on Italy's steep climbs. Can't wait to see him battle it out with Froome, Contador and Sagan in Chieti. :)

cineteq said:
Lame excuses. Wanna see more Cav beating... :)
Not me. I want to see him dominate. I want to see stunning displays of speed. Monstrous "come from behind" wins and powerful "just rode them off his wheel" wins. Wins with and without support. Uphill, downhill, big bunch, small bunch. The lot.

Who cares about whether he is a nice guy or not? I want to see him become the best sprinter there ever was. It would be an honour to witness it.

Great day for the OGE boys with Goss winning half an hour after Albasini. His first win since the Giro last year with so many minor placings in between, especially in Turkey and the TdF he will be glad to have the win. Goss has gone back to his "normal" pre season after trying a later build into the season last year and looks fitter and faster than 2012. Well done to his two key men as well, Lancaster and Docker. Mitch Docker had an injury plagued season last year but has been a key lead out man for Howard earlier in the year and now with Goss.

"“We had specific markers,” explained Goss. “We wanted to come to the front at 1.8 kilometres before we went over an overpass. After the overpass, there was a right hand turn. It was the last corner at one kilometre to go. We knew if we weren’t in the top ten around that corner, we’d have no chance to win the race.”

ORICA-GreenEDGE had four riders in the top ten around the final corner."

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
manafana said:
dont blame your team in public like that, they do such good job for him so often.

When Cavendish wins the first thing he does is heap praise on his team for making it possible.

Is it not true that his team were disappointing in the leadout today? Do we actually, as fans, attack riders who speak openly & honestly to the media? Do we just want automatons who merely mutter empty platitudes every time? Also I could be wrong but I don't think he criticised the entire team, I'm sure he thanked Steegmans? I could be wrong, I admit I wasn't paying complete attention to his interview.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
forkboy84 said:
When Cavendish wins the first thing he does is heap praise on his team for making it possible.

Is it not true that his team were disappointing in the leadout today? Do we actually, as fans, attack riders who speak openly & honestly to the media? Do we just want automatons who merely mutter empty platitudes every time? Also I could be wrong but I don't think he criticised the entire team, I'm sure he thanked Steegmans? I could be wrong, I admit I wasn't paying complete attention to his interview.

But doesn't this say everything about Cavendish? Lavish with praise for his team when he wins and petulant when he doesn't.

Sorry Mark. The HTC days are gone (and good riddance). Send flowers.

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
But it's hard to sound genuine when he just does it as PR. I'm rooting for Greipel, Goss and Sagan to teach him a lesson.

The thing is his emotions are genuine when he enthuses after a win or when he praises them for their work after loosing because of his own fault, some on here are unable to accept that and prefer to believe it is just PR, therefore in the same vein I would much prefer to hear a true expression of his frustration than some false PR statement. It may well have been ill advised although true but that's what a lot of fans like about him, as they say he wears his heart on his sleeve and that's why his team mates are willing to ride for him time and again as there's more up's than down's

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
trevim said:
I think Cavendish was a bit out of line: obviously his team wasn't great but just yesterday he got the leader's jersey thanks to them. He should have kept those critics private.
Anyway Cav was never a diplomat or a class act :eek:

Agreed, I keep a list of people I consider to be class acts and Cavendish is not on it.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
cineteq said:
But it's hard to sound genuine when he just does it as PR. I'm rooting for Greipel, Goss and Sagan to teach him a lesson.

Everyone's rooting for someone other than Cav to win. Guy's a first class d*ck head.

TRENDING THREADS