• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 7: San Benedetto del Tronto: 9,2 kms ITT

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Has Nibali this win already locked up?

• No, the skyborg will rise again and catch purito and contador

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Haha, one can't criticize Froome's today's result. Sure, it's not a problem. Let's criticize his bike position! :rolleyes: The man with this position will cut anyone in halves in Mont Saint Michelle TT. You will see.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
Haha, one can't criticize Froome's today's result. Sure, it's not a problem. Let's criticize his bike position! :rolleyes:

Just look at it as if it was Schleck doing a good time trial. No one would believe it because his time trial position sucks as well. And if you don't know who Andy Schleck is, he's the guy you used to support. ;)

The Hitch said:
Froome was best of the gc guys despite being the only one who has not done wind tunnel testing, and has the worst tt position.

Froome has been consistently good in the time trial throughout his career though. It's hardly surprising he beat Nibali and Rodriguez, I thought Contador would be closer but he doesn't look great at the moment.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
King Boonen said:
Froome has been consistently good in the time trial throughout his career though. It's hardly surprising he beat Nibali and Rodriguez, I thought Contador would be closer but he doesn't look great at the moment.

Are you joking? I hadn't even heard of the guy before the Vuelta in 2011.

Kokoso said:
Tour de Romandie 2012.
Today it was poor showing from him.
Kreuziger only does well in uphill TTs. On every other course he's been crap for years now.

King Boonen said:
He was okay in TTs, yes. Not great though.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:

Because you haven't heard about him, doesnt mean others didn't ;)

And he was okay I'd say, nothing special but had few nice ITT results.

He even beat Wiggins in ITT at Worlds Mendrisio in 2009 :D

King Boonen said:

Froome has been consistently good? Must have been the Sky Train....

notrolfsorensen said:
Actually he isn't that much slower than he used to. At least not in seconds. It's just everybody else that are much faster than him in 2009 for instance.

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=10565

You can't really compare two different tts on different courses with different conditions. The one in PN was 100m longer and just slightly more hilly (although still almost flat) and we don't have any information regarding wind etc

PROFIL1.gif

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
wwabbit said:
It was actually his best performance ever in a prologue-length TT...

Don't let his GF hear you say that. She was raising hell on Twitter, arguing against claims that he set the record up Prati di Tivo. :p

Fantastic ride by Amador. I assume he's targeting Giro performances again this year?

Fabs looks a little off. Yesterday taking it out of him, I suppose. Will be interesting to see him against Thor/Boonen at Roubaix, esp after Thor looking strong yesterday.

El Pistolero said:

2nd in british nationals in 2010, 5th in commonwealth games in 2011. I'm guessing I don't need to list his 2011 and 2012 results? And those are only the obvious ones from wikipedia.

So he's been consistently good for the last 4 years, seems fair enough to me.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Because you haven't heard about him, doesnt mean others didn't ;)

And he was okay I'd say, nothing special but had few nice ITT results.

He even beat Wiggins in ITT at Worlds Mendrisio in 2009 :D

I actually did know him before 2011, it's called a hyperbole. I knew him as someone who couldn't ride a time trial bike without endangering other people on the road. :eek:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
King Boonen said:
2nd in british nationals in 2010, 5th in commonwealth games in 2011. I'm guessing I don't need to list his 2011 and 2012 results? And those are only the obvious ones from wikipedia.

So he's been consistently good for the last 4 years, seems fair enough to me.

Did you take a look at the field of the British Nationals in 2010? :eek:

2010 may seem recent, but GB was still bad at cycling then with the exception of Cavendish.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
If anything I find his time ridiculous considering he went full throttle the days before.

lol. you don't know anything about stageraces do you? a 3 week gt rider is of course going to recuperate well, especially after only 6 days, basically every pro rider can do 2 weeks, it;'s the third week that makes a rider special.

name me one rider that completely blew today because he had been racing hard yesterday?

and also froome barely did anything yesterday., he followed the entire race until the downhil, then henao helped huim, froome bridges over and he pulled for 150 metres to the finish, that was it. nibali, contador, purito did far more work :rolleyes:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Yeah, one day, on a day which he was going to struggle either way anyway. Froome has been good in every stage so far and has a horrible time trial position.

he has a bad timetrial position, but not horrible. at the end it looked horrible, because all riders look like that. but from the start out his position was very good. in fact a lot better than in other years, besides you can't say what a good position is, as it differs with every rider. andy schleck can ride in extreme aero position but he would ride backwards as he isn't able to distribvute enough power in that position.

and your dumoulin logic is hilarious :eek:

El Pistolero said:

2010 may seem recent, but GB was still bad at cycling then with the exception of Cavendish.

2nd behind Wiggins, who was pretty decent in 2010, won the ITT at the Giro I think and in front of Thomas in 3rd, who is also reasonable at the ITT.

Might not be a deep field, but it doesn't need to be.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
What makes you more tired, one day of going in the red or 3 days of going in the red?

Aerodynamics are not as important during a road race as he can hide behind the Sky train anyway. During a time trial however it is important...

really? I could give countless examples of riders in "bad" aero positons winning timetrials.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
Don't let his GF hear you say that. She was raising hell on Twitter, arguing against claims that he set the record up Prati di Tivo. :p

Fantastic ride by Amador. I assume he's targeting Giro performances again this year?

Fabs looks a little off. Yesterday taking it out of him, I suppose. Will be interesting to see him against Thor/Boonen at Roubaix, esp after Thor looking strong yesterday.

he will focus on the classics, although he will work for valverde, except in flanders and msr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I actually did know him before 2011, it's called a hyperbole. I knew him as someone who couldn't ride a time trial bike without endangering other people on the road. :eek:

so you only saw a picture of the wc u23 itt, in which he crashed :eek: your lack of cycling knowledge is baffling anyway, but just keep it for the clinic, you will feel at home there with all the other idiots that have never rode a bike.

I know it must feel painful to see your belgian heroes and contador suck as much as they do now.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:

froome lost little more than 1 minute over 52 km in that itt, which is very good, he also beat thomas btw. should I post some wiggins itt results of 2010 and 2009? :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS