• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TOC stage 2: Davis - Santa Rosa, 176.2 km

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
stage2_profile_2010.jpg

Interesting profile for tomorrow's stage. This might be a stage where a breakaway can be successful. Rabobank and the other US teams will be looking forward for another chance in break aways.

Santa Rosa, is the town where Leipheimer lives, so maybe Radioshack will come up with a win? Who else got a chance? HTC is probably looking forward for another stage victory

A

Anonymous

im going to bed and just reading about it on here in the morning i think..

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
The peloton looked pretty lazy yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if we got another day of soft-pedalling and a bunch sprint.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
AntonioRossi said:
stage2_profile_2010.jpg

Interesting profile for tomorrow's stage. This might be a stage where a breakaway can be successful. Rabobank and the other US teams will be looking forward for another chance in break aways.

Santa Rosa, is the town where Leipheimer lives, so maybe Radioshack will come up with a win? Who else got a chance? HTC is probably looking forward for another stage victory

How? Steegmans is in France ATM.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I know Levi wants the stage today, but it doesn't suit him at all. Is Haussler ok after crashing yesterday? I could see him winning it in a small group sprint if Cav falls back in the climbs. Sagan perhaps.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Could see a good small group sprint with no Cav? Maybe Hunter could handle the climbs and contest Haussler for the win? Maybe Sparticus with a late attack/solo win?

I don't know. I'll go with.... DZ with an attack on the last hill. Levi in second.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Animal said:
Those hills aren't that hard. The Hod Carrier will take it!

Ain't going to be hod type of race..the hills will cause seperation. The top of Trinity/oakville is steep for half a mile. Definetly spartacus.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
If Spatacus wants to win he will win. The last 15 miles of the race are perfect for a belgian draft horse like him.

As much as I'd like to claim Spartacus as one of my own... you either got your nicknames or your nationalities wrong.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
tgsgirl said:
As much as I'd like to claim Spartacus as one of my own... you either got your nicknames or your nationalities wrong.

Sorry. This Belgian Draft Horse is a colloquiallism that my friend developed to describe big strong riders such as Spartacus and Boonen. If they get bigger then that

Did not mean to say Cancellera was Belgique.

Any how a tough set of climbs 25 miles from the finish favors a rider like Cancellara, if he wants it. Definently a tough man finish.

It would be so awesome to see him spank Levi in Levis' hometown. For me that would make the tour of California.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Sorry. This Belgian Draft Horse is a colloquiallism that my friend developed to describe big strong riders such as Spartacus and Boonen. If they get bigger then that

Ah, alright. I would be 100% behind a Canc nationality change to Belgian, for the record :)

I don't think he'll have a go. It'd be awesome, but I doubt if Cali is anything more than warm up for Tour de Suisse and then TdF.

Mancebo aside, this same course has previously resulted in a large peloton hitting the circuit in Santa Rosa. If they're going piano like they were yesterday, I'd look for a sprint. Mancebo stayed away on a horrible day. No such weather. I think Haedo won on this course the year previous in a bunch.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
according to Zabriskie the descent is screaming fast on one or both of those bumps in the profile... i'm thinking the grouppo stays compatto and then at the top Fabian turns into a raging berserker and flies off the front and hits the descent at 86mph the whole way down, gaining time on Levi and the rest of them.. YAH DO IT FABU!!!

TRENDING THREADS