• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Todays idiot masters fattie doper

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BotanyBay said:
Are both riders "licensed"? Must one be licensed to be subject to USADA?

David Antony is. He is (was) a Cat 2. The Italian probably had an official racing license as well.

What happens if a fred with no license gets popped, I don't know.

It seems like the OOC tests would have had to been done on licensed racers. Perhaps people were target tested. I cannot see an unlicensed recreational rider allowing a stranger in his house to watch him pee in a cup.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
blutto said:
...while I agree with your sentiments I can't help but to compare them to a long running ad on the major US networks that recommended EPO to help a grand-dad put together an Ikea type bed for his grand-son....or the HGH ads found in magazines aimed at the elderly which among other things are pitched to help them get thru a day of puttering in the garden...

...bottom line....we are a drugged culture...we have drugs to get us to work better, to fight wars better, to sleep better, to get up better, to have sex better, to look younger, to feel happy etc etc...well, frankly everything....against this background our well intentioned out-cry against drugs is almost akin to handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500...

...and yeah modern sporting activities should be pure...but look at the social, drug addled, win at all costs cess-pool it is a product of....and if there isn't a massive change in the society in which the sport is played there is not a hope in hell for pure sport...and frankly it is and will remain only be an idealized dream...well worth fighting for, but still a dream...

Cheers

blutto

Whew! The last sentence saved you from a Shrimp-fueled tirade...

Agreed. You know why we adhere to idealism? Because it's an ideal. It's what should be happening, whether it is or not.

A lot of people forget the function of idealism in complex debates.

May 19, 2012
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:

Agreed. You know why we adhere to idealism? Because it's an ideal. It's what should be happening, whether it is or not.

They do...;)

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:

....yeah I did that specifically to avoid the horrors of having shrimpish entities launching an all-out attack on my person :D....an old infirm person such as myself would simply be eaten alive by such an attack....nibble, nibble, nibble....very scary...

...that being said, yes idealism can be an exquisite tool, though one must always be very careful when applying it, it is best used only sparingly and when not in use it must kept under lock and key in a very secure place...and we should always keep in mind it has only a tangential connection to reality( which is its great strength and also its greatness weakness )...and always remember, it has, historically, in the wrong hands, been the primary fuel that has fired almost all the most horrific abuses men have perpetrated on other men....( so?...did I pass the test?...)

...when you have a spare moment, or two, you may want to, if you haven't already, read Sir (Saint?) Thomas More's Utopia, and when you do, pay special attention to the last page...a great read....highly recommended....

Cheers

blutto

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
US Patent Exploding Cyclist said:
Trade sex for EPO to get top Strava times? Now I've seen it all.

....naw... just a modern application of humanity's second oldest profession...most definitely old skool....you gotta get out more...see the world with its myriad of charms...

Cheers

blutto

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
blutto said:
....yeah I did that specifically to avoid the horrors of having shrimpish entities launching an all-out attack on my person :D....an old infirm person such as myself would simply be eaten alive by such an attack....nibble, nibble, nibble....very scary...

...that being said, yes idealism can be an exquisite tool, though one must always be very careful when applying it, it is best used only sparingly and when not in use it must kept under lock and key in a very secure place...and we should always keep in mind it has only a tangential connection to reality( which is its great strength and also its greatness weakness )...and always remember, it has, historically, in the wrong hands, been the primary fuel that has fired almost all the most horrific abuses men have perpetrated on other men....( so?...did I pass the test?...)

...when you have a spare moment, or two, you may want to, if you haven't already, read Sir (Saint?) Thomas More's Utopia, and when you do, pay special attention to the last page...a great read....highly recommended....

Cheers

blutto

And have read many more insightful tomes of the nagging qualities of men's hearts and their erstwhile brains throbbing for the more banal rewards of the plundering fist...

If you wanna get romantic, and all...

Still, I view sport as the last vestige of idealism (as tenuous as that may be). But, since there is no place for "market" or "economy", ya gotta pick your fights.

I think this one's worth fighting for...

PS: since the Olympics are starting tomorrow, I can't take anything I just wrote seriously. Pass me a Coke, gimme a BigMac, and crank the tele!

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
zigmeister said:
Sad you have to actually post that...shows what the IQ and level of intelligence level and reading comprehension is amongst the general population.

Gene pool is having a severe drought as of the last 30yrs.

I think that your blanket insult actually says much more about yourself, than you yourself, may be able to comprehend. Think twice next time a**hole.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
And have read many more insightful tomes of the nagging qualities of men's hearts and their erstwhile brains throbbing for the more banal rewards of the plundering fist...

If you wanna get romantic, and all...

Still, I view sport as the last vestige of idealism (as tenuous as that may be). But, since there is no place for "market" or "economy", ya gotta pick your fights.

I think this one's worth fighting for...

PS: since the Olympics are starting tomorrow, I can't take anything I just wrote seriously. Pass me a Coke, gimme a BigMac, and crank the tele! F*ck all y'all!

....matchpoint!...and winner...and I agree...

Cheers

blutto

May 25, 2009
Visit site
The tent was an interesting detail in all this

The tent was an interesting detail in all this-- apparently, one of the reasons he used the tent was too have a "cover story' for his Hematocrit rising so much and to make sure he could still see a doctor to draw blood and test it - in other words if you have a doctor who's in the dark about your EPO use and he/she sees your hemo rise 20% it's going to raise eyebrows but if everyone knows you have been sleeping in an O2 tent you may just be a"responder" to O2 tents. Devious.

Kind of like the old fattie master that I passed yesterday who was riding an expense Discovery Channel Trek. Me - riding a rebuilt Rocky Mountain mtb and hauling my kid up a hill on a trail-a-bike (damn, those are good for a resistance workout). Too much money, no engine.

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
What ****es me off (also) is the reentry of these guys. Lifetime bans are the only way to go. I am prepared to accept some occasional mistakes of over the counter stuff, maybe these can be a two year ban, but clear cases like EPO, HGH, Steroids etc. Lifetime ban, they know what they are doing, they don't care, out for life please. Nobody should have to race them and have doubt ever again.

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Bertie said:
What ****es me off (also) is the reentry of these guys. Lifetime bans are the only way to go. I am prepared to accept some occasional mistakes of over the counter stuff, maybe these can be a two year ban, but clear cases like EPO, HGH, Steroids etc. Lifetime ban, they know what they are doing, they don't care, out for life please. Nobody should have to race them and have doubt ever again.

+1, Vino winning on Saturday was less than palatable to watch......

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
MarkvW said:
That just must be a joke.

Anyone who actually thought that is for real needs a straight jacket....cmon, the UCI banning a commuter who sells her body outside a place that makes EPO to get better times on her commute who was ratted out by someone following her on a scooter. Seriously its time to trim the herd , lets start with clearly gullible people.

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
"He trained 16 to 20 hours a week and spent several thousand dollars each month on race entry fees and transportation to events. He also slept in a $4,000 hypoxic altitude tent, which pro cyclists commonly use to legally increase the production of red blood cells."

holy cr**p!!

TRENDING THREADS