• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tom Dumoulin discussion thread

Page 140 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Red Rick said:
It's **** you weather.

I would abandon without injury in **** you weather
Proper Scottish summer weather. I ride in that for about half the year...
file.php

King Boonen said:
Red Rick said:
King Boonen said:
Red Rick said:
It's **** you weather.

I would abandon without injury in **** you weather
Proper Scottish summer weather. I ride in that for about half the year...
file.php
There's a reason he went to Barcelona when he was 15 and doesn't live here anymore...
I thought it was RAFA who convinced Murray go to Spain :eek:

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
What a ****** season for Sunweb this is. Matthews crashed in the spring (but still got some decent results). Kelderman crashed out in the spring and missed the Giro because of it. Now Dumo crashed out in the Giro.

There's really nothing left this way.

Kelderman crashing probably wasn't really a surprise though

theracingelf said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
What a ****** season for Sunweb this is. Matthews crashed in the spring (but still got some decent results). Kelderman crashed out in the spring and missed the Giro because of it. Now Dumo crashed out in the Giro.

Kelderman crashing probably wasn't really a surprise though

Lmao. The sad thing is that this is true. :eek: He really is worse than Gesink isn't he?

rick james said:
SafeBet said:
gregrowlerson said:
Last year Froome didn't have to make up a few minutes on multiple rivals
After Sappada (stage 15!):

Yates
Dumoulin 2'11"
Pozzovivo 2'28"
Pinot 2'37"

Froome 4'52"

Seriously, guys, you should go back and read Froome's topic from last year. The common opinion before Zoncolan was he had no chance to even podium. A lot of people claimed he should quit and heal.
I actually think if Tom's healthy he has a bigger chance to podium this Giro than Froome's had last year after two weeks of racing. A number of things have to happen, sure, but he's a champion.
Dam you and facts

Facts? Last time I checked, the definition of "few" was three or four. Only Yates was three plus minutes ahead of Froome last year.

Before Dumoulin pulled out of this years Giro, he was a few minutes behind multiple riders.

It was also assumed that Froome would not be allowed to ride the TDF in 2018 at the time of the Giro in 2018. In addition to that, Froome was attempting to hold all three GT's at the same time.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

Not to forget Søren Kragh got sick after a very promising performance in Portugal and never found his legs again.

Seems like the team just cant catch a break.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Do you think Sunweb should now keep Oomen for the Tour...Sure Kelderman is back on his bike but way off his top I assume plus he could still crash again,

Wining a stage at the Giro is so so hard esp for a top 10 GC rider who is not usually in the break with de Gendt and co. There is no guarantee

He is today, though. Without De Gendt.

tobydawq said:
HelloDolly said:
Do you think Sunweb should now keep Oomen for the Tour...Sure Kelderman is back on his bike but way off his top I assume plus he could still crash again,

Wining a stage at the Giro is so so hard esp for a top 10 GC rider who is not usually in the break with de Gendt and co. There is no guarantee

He is today, though. Without De Gendt.

Yes but no guarantee of a win..though I would love if he won several

I think he should be pulled maybe next week for the Tour support

TRENDING THREADS