• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tom Dumoulin discussion thread

Page 196 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why on earth did you bump this? He's retired, there is no news. Dutch people reading the forum are getting heart attacks seeing this thread got bumped.

I don't know, just curiousity I guess. I wonder about a lot of riders who have retired, it's just natural. Contador, Valverde, Nibali, etc. A lot of them stay close to cycling still.

I did find some piece of news that someone is writing a book about him which will come out this month in March:

The book will be published in March. Dumoulin did not cooperate. “I’ve talked to Tom many times over the years. I have not experienced that as a great loss. But Tom just stopped. Now is the right time to look back. Together with Jan Janssen and Joop Zoetemelk, he is the only one who has ever won a Grand Tour. So he is really one of the biggest Dutch cyclists ever.”

He finished 21st in the Amsterdam half marathon last weekend. His time was 1:10:04