• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tom 'Pidders' Pidcock

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can we change the name of this thread to something like 'Tom Pidcock descends like Nibali minus the crashes'
trolling shark fans would just be the chef's kiss but can we at least lose the 'Pidders' thing?
Who calls him that? I've never even heard it on GCN
I expect that's what his mates back home call him.
If you are brought up speaking English English, it's a perfectly normal form of his name.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_"-er"

Thanks. So no more MTB world Cups before the World Championships in Scotland. Very surprised by that. Thought they would be his main focus of the summer.
the draw of the tdf, and pressure of big contract from ineos i suspect. If he's in good condition he should do well in the world mtb, I mean he was 4th last year with a few problems.

Yes, it's a little disappointing for me. The Tour will always be there, but this what will probably be a once in a lifetime opportunity to win The Worlds in The UK. OTOH, apart from the concussion, he hasn't really had any health issues this spring, so it will be interesting to see how he goes this summer on the road.

Last edited:
Can we change the name of this thread to something like 'Tom Pidcock descends like Nibali minus the crashes'
trolling shark fans would just be the chef's kiss but can we at least lose the 'Pidders' thing?
Who calls him that? I've never even heard it on GCN

Yes....The "Pidders" thing has me rooting against him.
This is the first time I think I've even opened this thread the because the "Pidders" was so offputting. I was only here to see if there were any reactions about the Netflix episode that I watched last night.

Last edited:
I don't know why people need a nickname for riders. I mean, it's cool if a rider has a nickname for long time and everybody stick to it (like Purito) but is it that hard to call riders with their real names if they don't have a nickname?
it's due to typing fast during forum race actions
no one complain if you spell the nickname wrong
but if you dis the real name put your helmet on and duck

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Pidcock going with stagehunting as an initial priority, and will see what happens with GC. Form at the TDS was worse than hoped for, though at least he didn't catch Covid this time. Of course, they all undersell their chances, but he's usually honest and probably just doesn't know where his legs are after a break and some MTB racing. Tomorrow's stage is ideal for him though..

Reactions: xo 1

TRENDING THREADS