• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tony Martin Bandwagon thread

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will Tony Martin reach a Top Ten overall finish at this year's Tour de France

• Hell No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
Untrue, Jan would own Tony every day of the week, hilly TT, MTT, Flat TT

another stupid Tony Martin thread

Descend time trials as well.They don't exist anymore,but that fatty would totally destroy everyone on descends.

Top 10? Maybe, but the course doesn't suit him, so it might be pushing it. No chance of the top 5 this year.

I think he's in with a good chance to win the Grenoble ITT, but a lot will depend on how hard he's been pulling for Cavendish. Always a problem for Tony in TdF.

No sorry. No question. Ulle was stronger all round. I'm not convinced that Tony could beat Ulle on the flat even, not if he was in top form anyway. If it was the start of the season and he need to shift the kgs, then maybe Tony would be in with a chance.

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
i think today martin is probably stronger. if jan was still racing it would be different. any if jan got a start at the 2011 tour i think he's a better shot at a top 10.

El Pistolero said:
Fixed it for you

HAHAHA!

All of this Tony Martin stuff is gold.

Could you imagine a non cycling fan checking out the forum and going, "who the hell is this Tony Martin guy that everyone is speaking about?"

Would there be so many soccer threads about whether Newcastle United is going to finish top 10 in the Enlgish premier league, or F1 threads about whether Michael Schumacher is going to finish top 10 in the world championship, or tennis threads about whether Leyton Hewitt is going to make the 3rd round at Wimbledon?

Anyway, I think it's all classic. Keep the Tony Martin conversation going! And someone will have to create a stage 12 TDF thread, specifically about Tony's performance on the MTF!

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Tony Marftin vs Robert Gesink

Tony has the better chrono, and Robert climbs better, but in ten years time in a mountain ITT on the moon with vibranium powered bikes, who would have the most syllabes in their first and family names combined?