• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Too Late, Too Furious: Tokyo Drift - The 2020 Olympics Thread

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This also means that they could have gone way under 3 minutes, if it had been a 3K like it used to be, and no one ever came close to that. Of course they did get some nice draft from the Brits in the final part.

But considering the women's record had stood since Rio, it's not weird that it's get massively broken here, when we've seen the men absolutely smash theirs in the last few years.

This also means that they could have gone way under 3 minutes, if it had been a 3K like it used to be, and no one ever came close to that. Of course they did get some nice draft from the Brits in the final part.

But considering the women's record has stood since Rio, it's not weird that it's get massively broken here, when we've seen the men absolutely smash theirs in the last few years.
Don't forget the start. They loose a heck of a lot of time in the first 2 rounds because they start at 0km/hr. So a shorter distance is not always beneficial. I wonder where the deflection point is though. Would that be 3 km?

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Don't forget the start. They loose a heck of a lot of time in the first 2 rounds because they start at 0km/hr. So a shorter distance is not always beneficial. I wonder where the deflection point is though. Would that be 3 km?

That obviosuly makes a difference as well, but I would think it begins to shift before 3 km, but I could be wrong.

The Germans also set the best time at last years WC, but they had been too slow in qualifying to reach the final. Brauße, Klein and Brennauer all won medals in the IP, too.

tenor.gif

Way before presumably.
I found only this:
3K WR: 55.655K/hr
4K WR: 58.956K/hr (old), new: close to 60K/hr
You could argue that it's apples to pears (3K WR = 2012, and with 3 women, 4K WR = 2021 and with 4 women).

flying 500M TT is a 62,13 K/hr
standing 500m TT is 55,78 K/hr

without overanalyzing: the start is very important, and isn't made up easily for high absolute speed quickly.

I found only this:
You could argue that it's apples to pears (3K WR = 2012, and with 3 women, 4K WR = 2021 and with 4 women).

without overanalyzing: the start is very important, and isn't made up easily for high absolute speed quickly.

But the level has also improved since the 3K record was set. It would probably be better to use the 4:16 British time from 2013 as a comparison.

I found only this:

Individually it's way before, considering the 1km WR is so much faster than even Gannas individual pursuit record. Part of this will naturally be due to difference between a sprinter and and a pursuiter, but I very much doubt Ganna wouldn't record his highest average speed in a TT on a shorter course than 2km.

That said, the real question is the effect of drafting on this, the extra rider, as well as the increased opportunity for catching the opponent which is a huge benefit in increasing the average speed.

TRENDING THREADS