• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 15: Mende-Valence 183km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Place your bets!

• Cavendish

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Greipel

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Degenkolb

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Sagan

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Démare

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Coquard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kristoff

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Another sprinter

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I still believe in the breakaway

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Vino

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still don't get why sagan went into the break. Only for some points in the intermediate sprint? Seriously today would have been the best possibility for him in the whole tour but he sacrifices the chance for the win for some points for the green jersey. Am I the only one who finds that stupid?

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
I still don't get why sagan went into the break. Only for some points in the intermediate sprint? Seriously today would have been the best possibility for him in the whole tour but he sacrifices the chance for the win for some points for the green jersey. Am I the only one who finds that stupid?
He was going to finish 2nd anyway.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:

No. Actually I am pretty much pissed again about Olga & his slaves doing an idiotic job...

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:

Since Greipel didn't even get dropped, how is today Sagan's best chance to win a stage?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Sky were the anti-tacticans in the past years. But what AST & Saxo did in the Giro and to some extend in this TdF tops that easily... Actually Sky now looks like masters in comparison.

Gigs_98 said:
I was thinking the same. Anyway I think they did it because Tinkoff-Saxo wanted to save some energy / spare some of their troops.

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Sky were the anti-tacticans in the past years. But what AST & Saxo did in the Giro and to some extend in this TdF tops that easily... Actually Sky now looks like masters in comparison.

Tinkoff backed the wrong horse from the start of the TdF. With the full team in support of Sagan, they may have won three or four stages now and Contador would still probably be top 5 overall.

Dutchsmurf said:
Gigs_98 said:

Since Greipel didn't even get dropped, how is today Sagan's best chance to win a stage?

I actually don't think that being in the break today has some impact on today's sagan's chances. He suffered probably less then kristoff and greipel throughout the stage. And the sprint will be very short because of the roundabout, so even better for him, team support won't matter that much.

Nevertheless, sagan will obviously come 2nd, and it would have been the same if the break made it.

Cance > TheRest said:
Gigs_98 said:
I was thinking the same. Anyway I think they did it because Tinkoff-Saxo wanted to save some energy / spare some of their troops.

Exept TS pulled on the climb anyway

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Tinkoff backed the wrong horse from the start of the TdF. With the full team in support of Sagan, they may have won three or four stages now and Contador would still probably be top 5 overall.
Which stages would Sagan have won if the team rode for him instead of Contador?

TMP402 said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Gigs_98 said:

Exept TS pulled on the climb anyway
Shortly. Didn't use up much power by that compared to setting the pace all day

TRENDING THREADS