• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 stage 18: Gap - Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re:

fungusbear said:
Been out for a couple of hours. Someone summarise what has happened/going on?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

...contador attack.

zzzzzzzzzzzz nibali attack, reeled in.
zzzz nibali attack, quintana follows

and here we are on the descent, all heads of state back together.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Ruby United said:
Gonna get hate for this and obviously I don't want this to happen, but if I was Movistar DS I would order Nairo and Piti to go for 2nd and 3rd rather than try attack Froome and lose the second podium place.
Sensible, I would do the same thing if I were Movistar DS, but the fans want victory or death.

Re:

Ruby United said:
Gonna get hate for this and obviously I don't want this to happen, but if I was Movistar DS I would order Nairo and Piti to go for 2nd and 3rd rather than try attack Froome and lose the second podium place.

You may catch hate, *but I think that's a sound analysis of how they've ridden this Tour.

Re: Re:

Walkman said:
MikeTichondrius said:
Even my Valverde hate is growing now. I mean, he's a great rider on strength alone, and he's got that nasty uphill kick many others lack. But oh god, is he ever a high-mountain Gerrans these days, with an apparent ego to boot.

What happened?

Well it's an accumulation of things really. He's theoretically here for Quintana but has been protected as well, not really sacrificing himself at all. Even so, he just follows wheels to the top and sprints, not even attempting attack once from a bit further out (it's Valverde, even 3k out would be much above average). He's got Movistar riding to protect his placement instead of either attacking or having Nairo attack.

Everything about him is just rubbing me the wrong way this TDF. Might be somewhat irrational I admit.

MikeTichondrius said:
Walkman said:
MikeTichondrius said:
Even my Valverde hate is growing now. I mean, he's a great rider on strength alone, and he's got that nasty uphill kick many others lack. But oh god, is he ever a high-mountain Gerrans these days, with an apparent ego to boot.

What happened?

Well it's an accumulation of things really. He's theoretically here for Quintana but has been protected as well, not really sacrificing himself at all. Even so, he just follows wheels to the top and sprints, not even attempting attack once from a bit further out (it's Valverde, even 3k out would be much above average). He's got Movistar riding to protect his placement instead of either attacking or having Nairo attack.

Everything about him is just rubbing me the wrong way this TDF. Might be somewhat irrational I admit.

What race are you watching? He's attacked multiple times, it just never works.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Hugo Koblet said:
Ruby United said:
Totally agree.

Agreed. But, that's totally not the issue. If they were to, say like TJ, state their intention of getting the podium finish, then I think everybody will ok with it. Just that, they always talk the big talk about the Alps, attacks on CF, weaking SKy, blah blah blah while all the time their actions suggest otherwise,........so u get why we think they suck?!

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
man movistar are idiots after todays stage they only have tomorrow and saturday to attack froome and win time. Even the showing that froome had on stage 10 only had him gain 1:30 seconds lead over quintana. Quinta will have to do double that effort. I dont see him doing that. They should have attacked.

TRENDING THREADS