• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 stage 20: Modane - Alpe d'Huez

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the stage tomorrow?

• Bauke Mollema

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • One of the 3 musketeers (Pinot, Bardet, Rolland)

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Vino

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Joaquim Rodriguez

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Alberto Contador

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Nairo Quintana

Votes: 82 56.2%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
I know it's unlikely that a break makes it today, but I'm seriously confused as to why so many riders don't want to go on the attack on the last stage of the Tour? Tomorrow it's all over, and the stage is only 110 km's today. I really don't understand.

A lot of riders probably expect the GC teams to control, certainly now Movistar has said they want to fight for stage win as well.
Secondly, I think many will wait until the Croix de Fer has started before attacking

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
I know it's unlikely that a break makes it today, but I'm seriously confused as to why so many riders don't want to go on the attack on the last stage of the Tour? Tomorrow it's all over, and the stage is only 110 km's today. I really don't understand.
I was surprised as well, thought the pace would be on the whole way to the foot of Croix de Fer. Afraid this will be a procession to the Alpe. Let's see.

Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Hugo Koblet said:

A lot of riders probably expect the GC teams to control, certainly now Movistar has said they want to fight for stage win as well.
Secondly, I think many will wait until the Croix de Fer has started before attacking
Yeah, I know and the rides know, but still. Tomorrow they're all going on a break so why not use your last energy in the break today? I had expected a furious battle to get in the break today. At least among the minor teams and riders. You might be right that we'll see some more action on Croix de Fer though. I hope so.

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope Moviestar will attack on Croix de Fer. They have to do something far out. If they wait to Alpe d'Huez, game is lost. Froome will win easily.

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
What will become interesting is Nibali's surge up the GC could influence Movistar's tactics. Valverde will be attacked by Astana for that podium place. That in effect nullifies Movistar's ability to isolate Froome?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
headwind on croix de fer. Froome wins the Tour

He already won the tour, i doubt quintana will do a longe range attack cause nibali is better than piti thus it'll *** over piti's podium spot.

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
headwind on croix de fer. Froome wins the Tour

He already won the tour, i doubt quintana will do a longe range attack cause nibali is better than piti thus it'll **** over piti's podium spot.
I thought this as well. However, Nibali smells blood now and will probably just attack himself. Valverde will need to match Nibali (or lose 1'18 at the most) anyway. That said, I doubt that Quintana will try a long range attack anyway. He'll probably just go for the stage win today.