• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 21: Sèvres › Paris 109.5k

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Vino's Mum said:
Not sure you understand? Assuming the break is brought back (not a given today), then there'll be a sprint on the last lap.
I'm just afraid that given the neutralization there's going to be a truce in the peloton until they get to the famous boulevard. If there wasn't one maybe the racing would've started earlier, benefiting the classics men a bit more, maybe decreasing the odds of a bunch sprint.

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Inquitus said:
Kirby talking about shortening the course, is that feasible? this stage is certainly going to drag on way past slowest predictions.

It will indeed, and no one will be watching, but it serves the organizers right, especially for increasing an already interminable anticlimax from eight laps to ten.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Vino's Mum said:
ray j willings said:
I think we will see some surprises today. I think Nibs will definitely try something.
A long break could stay away.

Yup. I was thinking Nibs will give it a go... ten years since Vino's win, also with the GC neutralised for rain.

Conditions are perfect. Nibs has shown many times that he has more strings to his bow than most of the peloton.

Ladies race was great and I could see Nibs doing the same from longer out.

Billie said:
carton said:
Vino's Mum said:
carton said:
Mixed feelings about the neutralization. I like the winning isn't everything mentality and the Champs Elysees cobbles would been a madhouse with everyone protecting the GC riders. But one more chance for the hard men would have been fitting. Sagan pipped by Dege at the line would've been classic. Guess on balance I'm for the neutralization.

They'll still race.
Yeah, but I think 55k might not be enough to give the classics men (also Stybar, Vanmarcke) an edge.

the stage is never raced before the champs..

Ummm...
http://www.ina.fr/video/I00009820

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

carton said:
Vino's Mum said:
Not sure you understand? Assuming the break is brought back (not a given today), then there'll be a sprint on the last lap.
I'm just afraid that given the neutralization there's going to be a truce in the peloton until they get to the famous boulevard. If there wasn't one maybe the racing would've started earlier, benefiting the classics men a bit more, maybe decreasing the odds of a bunch sprint.

As soon as they cross the line and the final results are official, they will race. Attacks will happen. Froome and co will just take it easy whilst people want the stage win will fight for it. This will be a highly paced stage and don't be surprised if 20 odd people fight for the win.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

sir fly said:
Cancellara's missing. Tony martin, as well.
Wonder if Vanmarcke will stretch his legs. I bet we'll see him.

I was going to say this is perfect for Gallopin, but he'll be wanting to try and lead out Greipel.

Latest posts