• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 11: Eymet > Pau 203.5km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
GraftPunk said:
Yeesh, I love Contie, but his inability to stay upright makes me cringe at times.
Seemed to be just Trek involved in that crash as well. So even when his teammates are protecting him, he ends up on the deck - so frustrating. His various DSs over the last few years must despair at it; all the planning and months of preparation and the guy just keeps crashing in the Tour.
It's not at all unlikely Gogl was the one to go down first.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I like how Kittel can move up from 12th place to 3rd completely in the wind without even engaging his sprint. Then when he does it's an easy win.

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site

DNP-Old said:
The_Beach said:
DNP-Old said:
Sprinterteams trying all they can for a at best 2nd place. Hilarious...
Why? If they don't catch Bodnar there is a 100% chance they won't win. It's not inconceivable that Kittel's leadout or positioning goes wrong.
:eek:
Well, if FDJ hadn't worked on stage 4, they might not have had a stage win.
And if Greipel or Kristoff wins a stage, I don't think it's a bad decision for Lotto/Katusha to work, you at least have to give your sprinter a chance of winning.

Irondan said:
DFA123 said:
Fair play to Kittel - his domination is very impressive.

But this route, and the passivity of the other teams... :Neutral:
And the lack of the other real sprinters...
Yeah, imo it's doubtful that Cavendish could really challenge Kittel in this form - let alone Demare or Sagan. But still, the competition without those three is so thin now that Greipel and Kristoff seem to have massively regressed.