• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 12: Pau > Peyragudes 214.5km

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Son of Amsterhammer said:
Why is it even a rule?

I supposed the idea is to avoid cars helping riders out in the last climb with a sticky bottle, or having falls and accidents in a crowded last climb with team helpers handing bottles ?

Re: Re:

No_Balls said:
RattaKuningas said:
Maybe it is like 2012. Landa might be stronger atm.

He is defo stronger and he didnt care to hide it. Then he passed his captain without looking, Landa-style.

This might open up the whole race and we have a Real one in our hands

Sadly, there is no such thing as "Landa-style". Just re-watch the -15 Giro again. But I like him, was hoping he would say "f*ck you" to Aru and race for himself that whole GT but he never did, ergo "Landa-style" isn't real.

Two more tidbits:

1. Via JV: "In the exact words of @UCI_cycling commisaire Philippe Marien "The feed could have been from anyone, even a small child, still 20s" penalty.""

2. I hadn't seen Bardet from the second angle. He doesn't seem to hold it over his head, universal signal of "I'm not drinking this". So there's that as well.

Again, they should just scrap the rule. Enforcement is too complicated.

Oude Geuze said:
Why was it not a great stage? A war of atrition, psychology, bluffs, attacks, drops, and 4 riders within 1min overall. So many whiny, elitist fans here, only an attack from 50k by 2nd tier niche fan favorite warrants a good stage. Its like a competition on who dislikes races the most, as if that gives you some weird street cred in this forum.

And yeah, why would an arbitrary division of the earth make any differences whatsoever in whos top 10?

And lol at the vitreol directed against Froome, take a step back, get some perspective or scurry off back to the clinic with the rest of the haters.
The four minute highlights were amazing. Bardet wins, Aru takes yellow. Strictly, though, I like stages with big time differences , and dirty tricks (aru attacking yellow during a mechanical) that don't involve water bottles.

May 16, 2015
Visit site

Poursuivant said:
Rollthedice said:
Alexandre B. said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
LottoNL has protested the time penalty, saying that Bennett didn't drink, but took the water to cool his neck, same as Bardet.

Either way, it's all a penalty or nobody a penalty. No double (french) standards
Bennett clearly drank the content.

Yes, but did he swallow?

He did not inhale.

Of course, he did

Just caught the last 7,5 km of Balés and instantly saw Fuglsang struggling. Too bad, this really smells like 2014 all over again for him.

Then I saw Kwiatkowski, the best rider in the race, doing something I never woulda imagined him doing. What a rider, but what a sad spectacle. Me and my brother were speechless when the first crossed Peyresourde, but then all proceeded to wait for the sprint! How dare they. Don Alejandro had smoked all these cojones and panache-less bastards. Smoked em!

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Just caught the last 7,5 km of Balés and instantly saw Fuglsang struggling. Too bad, this really smells like 2014 all over again for him.

Then I saw Kwiatkowski, the best rider in the race, doing something I never woulda imagined him doing. What a rider, but what a sad spectacle. Me and my brother were speechless when the first crossed Peyresourde, but then all proceeded to wait for the sprint! How dare they. Don Alejandro had smoked all these cojones and panache-less bastards. Smoked em!
More likely Valverde would've dropped on the Bales already in inexplicable fashion, as he usually does in the Tour.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Valv.Piti said:

More likely Valverde would've dropped on the Bales already in inexplicable fashion, as he usually does in the Tour.
When has he done that lately? Yes, pre-ban, thats right.

Apart from Froome stopping off to say "hi!" to some friends, it was all going to plan for Sky. USPS feeling about it.

Aru, Bardet, Froome or Uran now. All need minutes more though on Froome before last ITT.

Landa proves he's Sky best climber :)

(So how many stages have been decided in the last km now?)

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
broken chain said:
Thought Froome looked attackable on stage 9.This stage proved it. He doesn't seem to have that extra power this tour.Complacent training maybe??
When did he looked attackable on stage 9. His own attack dropped everyone but Urán and Richie? In fact I think he looked like the strongest on stage 9.

broken chain said:
Thought Froome looked attackable on stage 9.This stage proved it. He doesn't seem to have that extra power this tour.Complacent training maybe??
Wow calm down, he had a bad 300m meters of a mountain stage today, for you to say he looked attackable a few days ago is bending he truth slightly, his wobble today has got some excited it seems