• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 16: Le Puy to Romans-sur-Isère

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

johnymax said:
Hats off to Sunweb and Matthews. If he manages to win the green jersey it would be an amazing feat. I'm rooting for him. His riding in this Tour has been exceptional.

Agreed. Not a fan of Matthews, but great performance by him and the team. Specially the 2 stages Matthews won Sunweb really earned it because of an great overall teamperformance.

Re: Re:

Lupi33x said:
yaco said:
StryderHells said:
Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Why do you hate Matthews? Did he steal your lunch money at school or something?
Seems to have that Glenn Maxwell kinda vibe that rubs people the wrong way. Outwardly confident in his ability/arrogant, and then there's the nickname.

Guess I don't pay that much attention to what he's said or really care about his nickname, plenty of athlete's (people in general) who have bad nicknames, also plenty of athlete's who are outwardly confident, I'm not really a fan of his but I don't dislike him either.
Who is Glenn Maxwell?

An Aussie who knows nothing about cricket!

He's from Florida

If I was in Florida I wouldn't be sitting around watching the Tour with it being 3 degrees outside :D

Re:

Keram said:
I must admit that I really like Bling this Tour. He is replacing Sagan for me to some extent. He races very similar as him. Would be great battle between two. Sagan would be forced do even more crazy stuff than usually is doing.

Yeah, I was hater, for sure. But he's riding very well indeed in this tour. His wins are well-deserved. Making the race in some stages, even. Seems that getting away from the ever-boring "gerro" has been a good thing for him.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site

Ricco' said:
Alexandre B. said:

Well, Degenkolb must be thrown out of the race after this.

Wasn't Degenkolb the one who throw water to another rider at the WCh last year? Seems that he cannot manage his anger. If that it's not acceptable in a cyclist, surely it isn't acceptable in a policeman.

Sounds terrifying. Did the poor victim survive?

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
That was a normal sprint, he played it pretty smart, but not dirty enough to relegate him.
Aru was really impressive, his team not that much, but at least they were able to bring him to the front.

miguelindurain111 said:
Ricco' said:
Alexandre B. said:

Wasn't Degenkolb the one who throw water to another rider at the WCh last year? Seems that he cannot manage his anger. If that it's not acceptable in a cyclist, surely it isn't acceptable in a policeman.

I'm not condemning someone based on the consequences, I'm condemning based on the actions. If it was Bouhanni or Froome doing that (or this), the forum and Twitter would break down, saying that was unacceptable and asking for measures. As it's a "good boy", all is well.

If Sagan is out due to aggressive and dangerous behaviour, so must be Degenkolb (and Bouhanni, in the punch incident).

EDIT: This is clearly an acceptable behaviour... Don't bring out the point of "did the poor victim survive" because it's irrelevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_FdiO-oFKQ

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site

Ricco' said:
miguelindurain111 said:
Ricco' said:
Alexandre B. said:

I'm not condemning someone based on the consequences, I'm condemning based on the actions. If it was Bouhanni or Froome doing that (or this), the forum and Twitter would break down, saying that was unacceptable and asking for measures. As it's a "good boy", all is well.

If Sagan is out due to aggressive and dangerous behaviour, so must be Degenkolb (and Bouhanni, in the punch incident).

EDIT: This is clearly an acceptable behaviour... Don't bring out the point of "did the poor victim survive" because it's irrelevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_FdiO-oFKQ
Loved the laugh of the commentators.

TRENDING THREADS