• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 16: Le Puy to Romans-sur-Isère

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The top sprinters will always block each other as much as they can get away with, always have done. If Deg had been leading he would have done the same, they're not boy scouts get over it.

Re: Re:

Netserk said:
SeriousSam said:
All these Bling wins are heavily asterisked due to Sagan having been unjustly removed from the Tour
I thought you'd have a different angle on this. Not many Bling fans around here.

The guy has made the green jersey battle more interesting and the Sagan/Demare issues had nothing to do with him. He is riding well and his team is riding well for him.

hfer07 said:
Apart from the sprint - are there any time gaps on the GC riders? I just had a glance & noticed Danny Martin crossing, then Contador & the rest of the field looked spread out..... what happened? :confused:

Echelons. I think Pantano fell and things just broke up from there leaving Contador, Meintjes and Martin behind. Then you had Bennett abandoning early on if that counts as GC.

Brullnux said:
yaco said:
Big fail by Quick Step today - They only needed one or a maximum two riders to bring back Kittel. You can say they've done an FDJ.
Clearly they needed mroe as kittel didn't get back. But Martin paid for it - even tough he himself shares some of the blame, he still had two team mates (although Brambilla isn't useful in these situations) but missed the split. Aru and Uran managed with one or none.

It is a matter of priorities - Today GC was more important than the green jersey - Green jersey is for stage 19 and 21.

movingtarget said:
Netserk said:
SeriousSam said:
All these Bling wins are heavily asterisked due to Sagan having been unjustly removed from the Tour
I thought you'd have a different angle on this. Not many Bling fans around here.

The guy has made the green jersey battle more interesting and the Sagan/Demare issues had nothing to do with him. He is riding well and his team is riding well for him.

Today was made interesting because of the Green, and Sunweb rode a great race. What's the problem with Matthews? I don't follow sprints enough to know much about him. Seems OK to me.

His line was aggressive and he was definitely blocking out Degenkolb, but what I saw today has always been allowed. Sprinting is aggressive.

That his nickname appears to be "bling" is a strike against him, I'll grant that.

peter-sagan-tdf-2016-415233.jpg

StryderHells said:
bob.a.feet said:
Ruby United said:
EBH is such a strong rider.
Whenever I get a new version of PCM, one of the first things I do is find EBH and bump him up around 2 on all his stats.
Haha so true. PCM stats are fairly sh*t though, always underrating Froome's TT and this year Chaves and Bardet are too strong.

PCMdaily usually get it right ;)
With so many databases available now they don't even put any effort into the fake names