• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 16: Le Puy to Romans-sur-Isère

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Brullnux said:
yaco said:
Big fail by Quick Step today - They only needed one or a maximum two riders to bring back Kittel. You can say they've done an FDJ.
Clearly they needed mroe as kittel didn't get back. But Martin paid for it - even tough he himself shares some of the blame, he still had two team mates (although Brambilla isn't useful in these situations) but missed the split. Aru and Uran managed with one or none.

It is a matter of priorities - Today GC was more important than the green jersey - Green jersey is for stage 19 and 21.

Tell that to Sunweb

Re:

search said:
I asked ASO for clarification as they mention full points in their stage preview (they sent out per mail) as well - and I indeed got the confirmation that 50+20 points are available today. So apparently the official rulebook is wrong...

You should contact Sunweb ;)

Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Frankschleck said:
i hate matthews as much as anyone, but he should not get punished for this.

Why do you hate Matthews? Did he steal your lunch money at school or something?
Seems to have that Glenn Maxwell kinda vibe that rubs people the wrong way. Outwardly confident in his ability/arrogant, and then there's the nickname.

^arrogant, and always beats my favorite riders :/ hate maybe a too strong word, I just don't like the guy

Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Frankschleck said:

Seems to have that Glenn Maxwell kinda vibe that rubs people the wrong way. Outwardly confident in his ability/arrogant, and then there's the nickname.

Guess I don't pay that much attention to what he's said or really care about his nickname, plenty of athlete's (people in general) who have bad nicknames, also plenty of athlete's who are outwardly confident, I'm not really a fan of his but I don't dislike him either.
Who is Glenn Maxwell?

StryderHells said:
Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Frankschleck said:

Guess I don't pay that much attention to what he's said or really care about his nickname, plenty of athlete's (people in general) who have bad nicknames, also plenty of athlete's who are outwardly confident, I'm not really a fan of his but I don't dislike him either.
Who is Glenn Maxwell?
Victorian cricketer, known as the big show. You haven't heard of him?

Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Frankschleck said:

Who is Glenn Maxwell?
No one watches cricket :lol:

StryderHells said:
Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Frankschleck said:

Who is Glenn Maxwell?
He's a cricketer whose nickname is Big Show (which I've heard he hates).

Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:

Who is Glenn Maxwell?

Can't say I have and I live in Victoria, I don't really follow any other sport outside of cycling :)

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site

StryderHells said:
Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:

Who is Glenn Maxwell?

Can't say I have and I live in Victoria, I don't really follow any other sport outside of cycling :)

They play cricket in Canada? :confused:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not particularly a fan or hater of Bling or Sunweb - but what more would you have them do?

They pushed the pace more than anyone, mostly to drop a green jersey rival.
They had a rider actually go for a single KOM point.
They pushed the pace to position their rider to win the intermediate sprint and try to keep the green jersey race interesting.
Then they pushed the pace after the intermediate sprint to keep some other sprinters at distance.
Then they succeeded at keeping their team and sprinter in contact during the crosswind attacks.
Their green jersey candidate then competed for and won the ending sprint.

God forbid we have teams trying to achieve multiple objectives, aggressively, in a stage. Racing might be more interesting.

Interesting stage from 1st to last kilometer today. I don't think one can expect more from a flattish stage like this.

Hats off to Sunweb. They've been by far the best team of the race in the last couple of days. Happy for Matthews' win because:
- He repayed his team-mates for a great effort today
- Green jersey competition is still on thanks to that, although I think Kittel should still take this barring a misfortune on the last 2 flat stages. But at least there's some pressure on him now.

Also happy that none of the GC contenders crashed during the nervous day.

StryderHells said:
Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Frankschleck said:

Who is Glenn Maxwell?

An Aussie who knows nothing about cricket!

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site

yaco said:
StryderHells said:
Pirazziattacks said:
StryderHells said:
Frankschleck said:

Who is Glenn Maxwell?

An Aussie who knows nothing about cricket!

He's from Florida