• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 stage 9: Nantua > Chambéry - 181,5 km

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
Another one supporting Froome. This time is Simon Yates:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/simon-yates-calls-arus-attack-a-dirty-move-as-he-builds-on-white-jersey-lead/

Well not only he is the strongest, but has the strongest team but now we will give him the advantage that no other rider has because he has the yellow jersey. Like Bob Roll said if you have a mechanical get a better machine!. Or do like Uran did LOL. Nobody was waiting for him.

I hope his dirty brother gives that Clasica San Sebastian to Greg van Avermaet, the one who really deserved that win. The fact Adam hasn't won since then is proof enough that San Sebastian win doesn't belong to him. ;)

Re: Re:

I think this was a pretty good stage if you exclude the crashes though I still think the stage should have finished in Le Bourget du Lac, or if they were going to finish in Chambery, climb Mont du Chat from the other side and climb Col de l' Epine as the last climb:
ChatE.gif

EpineW.gif

LaFlorecita said:
carton said:
LaFlorecita said:
Vile people, those that laugh at crashes. Ignore.
That looks like a massive misrepresentation of my position. I'm not laughing at the crash, I'm just used to it from Contador. He takes risks other riders find dangerous (particularly in his later years). I wish he didn't, for his sake', the other riders', and the races', which are more interesting with him in it.

But I don't ignore pretty much anyone nonetheless, as I try not to let ocasional bouts of pettiness get in the way of interesting dialogue. I also try not to ascribe ill-will to differences of opinion. YMMV.
My comment was meant in general and not as a reply to you, but your post with the nickname and all it could be seen as making fun of/ridiculing a rider's misfortune. I'd be interested to know in what way you feel he took too many risks when he crashed yesterday and on any other occasion in recent years, really.
Good post.

LaFlorecita said:
Forever The Best said:
rick james said:
Pantano - Contador double act, LOL

carton said:
It seemed to me that Nairo was behind Bertie and Crashcaidor's usual antics held him up. But ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Ha ha Contador...
And I was flamed last week when saying that the fans of Froome, Quintana etc. were celebrating crashes of Contador ...
Vile people, those that laugh at crashes. Ignore.

excuse me but I wasn't laughing at crashes, I was laughing at Pantano cracking, after all many, you included expected the 2 of them to rip the TDF up, after all the broke the sky train before and could easily do it again many on here said

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Tour de France 2017 stage 9: Nantua > Chambéry - 181,5 k

yaco said:
Froome often has small issues in the peleton and tricks riders into not racing. Riders need to toughen up.

Riders are ok, its just the stupid Italian riders that cant be moral.. Like in Football, we see the same .. No fair play!. Italians cant behave. Simple!

And dont tell me Italians are a race, its a culture .. !!

El Pistolero said:
Escarabajo said:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/simon-yates-calls-arus-attack-a-dirty-move-as-he-builds-on-white-jersey-lead/

Well not only he is the strongest, but has the strongest team but now we will give him the advantage that no other rider has because he has the yellow jersey. Like Bob Roll said if you have a mechanical get a better machine!. Or do like Uran did LOL. Nobody was waiting for him.

I hope his dirty brother gives that Clasica San Sebastian to Greg van Avermaet, the one who really deserved that win. The fact Adam hasn't won since then is proof enough that San Sebastian win doesn't belong to him. ;)

You sure about that? http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/GP_Industria_Artigianato_2017

Re: Tour de France 2017 stage 9: Nantua > Chambéry - 181,5 k

Monte said:
yaco said:
Froome often has small issues in the peleton and tricks riders into not racing. Riders need to toughen up.

Riders are ok, its just the stupid Italian riders that cant be moral.. Like in Football, we see the same .. No fair play!. Italians cant behave. Simple!

And dont tell me Italians are a race, its a culture .. !!
I think you are in the wrong forum!

LaFlorecita said:
My comment was meant in general and not as a reply to you, but your post with the nickname and all it could be seen as making fun of/ridiculing a rider's misfortune. I'd be interested to know in what way you feel he took too many risks when he crashed yesterday and on any other occasion in recent years, really.
The nickname is a bit juvenile and a bit of an obvious response to the Crash Froome nickname that was bounced around this parts by several posters (including some Contador thread regulars). As to why even use it regarding the incident, I was attempting to point out that on prior evidence I'd much sooner give Quintana the benefit of the doubt (particularly as you're rarely held up by someone you've crashed, and it's hard to push people around when you're barely 50kg) when several posters were quick to blame Quintana for the incident (I wouldn't really call it a crash) based on very little. This was a quick reposte in a live race thread, so I didn't go into that much detail.

The previous incidents we've gone over before: the crash going downhill that took him out of the Tour where several riders voiced their displeasure at how unnecessary it was, the time he almost took out Froome (in yellow) downhill, the time where he slid out trying to be at the front on the pointy end of rainy stage (I forget where), when he was second wheel and could've taken out the field (a few leadout men complained about it). I've linked to the sources in the past. There were several different riders saying these things, which is highly unusual, particularly from riders who were ultimately unaffected.

Also, I wouldn't call him Crashcaidor after something even remotely serious, but I think there a difference between joking about a rider's level of skill and risk awareness and ridiculing their misfortune. In fact, I rate him as a pretty good bike handler, in general, but he has a history of crashing that seems to me to be down to something more than just luck. Ultimately I think it's a fair if, again, juvenile dig at Contador, especially as it pertains a harmless incident where people were blaming another rider. I think it's definitely not sympathetic (and again, I'd lay off it it it was something serious) but not outright derision. So I think it is in keeping with the jibes that normally go on on race-day threads. But I could be persuaded otherwise.

Also, I'd rate it's far less offensive that implying a rider acted with deliberate violence.

carton said:
We'll have to disagree. Crashing because someone rode into you (yesterday), because someone crashed in front of you (yesterday), because of a wheel slip in a corner (last year), because of a pothole on a descent (2014), because of a mass sprint crash (2015 Giro) isn't a matter of taking risks. In fact I'd say that since his bad crash in 2014 he is very careful. The only crash I can remember that I would classify as a result of taking too many risks is the 2013 one after which Froome was quick to reprimand him. 2014 some riders said he was overtaking riders on the descent but in the end it was the fact that he hit a pothole while reaching into his pocket that made him crash. But anything to take a jab at him, I guess.

LaFlorecita said:
he hit a pothole while reaching into his pocket that made him crash. But anything to take a jab at him, I guess.
Going downhill, within a peloton. That wasn't risky?

Also, it wasn't a jab at him so much as a counterpunch on a hit on Quintana. And I'm fine with us having differing appreciations of Contador's decision-making. Even of my (IMHO fairly non-existent) bias against him specifically. But I did want to clear up I don't wish him ill and I'm not laughing if and when I see him (or anyone) go down.

El Pistolero said:
Escarabajo said:

He wouldn't have won that race in a million years!

cantpedal said:
swissfr said:
In the descent of the Mont du Chat, Fuglsang was the worst descender in the group.

Read somewhere yesterday that he had a teammates front wheel that had different tires from his normal wheel. made him unsure and so was more cautious on the decent. sorry cant remember where i read it so no link.

I posted it, in this thread.... that is what he said to danish TV

The danish commentators thought he had a flat, because everyone was expecting him to attack the decent with Bardet.... and instead he lost ground...... but as said, turned out it was because of the borrowed wheel.

Blanco said:
Rollthedice said:
Aru should've fall to the ground instantly yelling for help. Froome DQ, Uran wins TdF.

Uran's gonna win it anyway.. :p

I think he is Froomes biggest competitor, because he has a tendency to ride very good TTs in the end of GTs.... and he is clearly in the form of his life..... and Froome isn't as dominating in the TT as he used to be anyway.

That being said, he has also had a tendency to have a terrible off day mid race.... Thursday and Friday (especially, 32+ degrees expected that day) are going to be very telling.

I still think Froome will win, ahead of Bardet and Fuglsang/Martin (undecided om those two), as I think both Aru and Uran will get one big off day, like they often do.

Broccolidwarf said:
Blanco said:
Rollthedice said:
Aru should've fall to the ground instantly yelling for help. Froome DQ, Uran wins TdF.

Uran's gonna win it anyway.. :p

I think he is Froomes biggest competitor, because he has a tendency to ride very good TTs in the end of GTs.... and he is clearly in the form of his life..... and Froome isn't as dominating in the TT as he used to be anyway.

That being said, he has also had a tendency to have a terrible off day mid race.... Thursday and Friday (especially, 32+ degrees expected that day) are going to be very telling.

I still think Froome will win, ahead of Bardet and Fuglsang/Martin (undecided om those two), as I think both Aru and Uran will get one big off day, like they often do.

More probeble is that Martin will have bad day then Aru or Uran, Aru is much more proven GC leader then Martin ever will be and Also Uran got multiple GC podium and I like him a lot
but everyone agree Froome have biggest chance even if I cheer for Aru

LaFlorecita said:
carton said:
LaFlorecita said:
he hit a pothole while reaching into his pocket that made him crash. But anything to take a jab at him, I guess.
Going downhill, within a peloton. That wasn't risky?
It is very common for riders to grab something to eat on a straight section of a descent, especially in a stage with many climbs in quick succession.

That's true you see riders doing it all the time because they can freewheel.

TRENDING THREADS