• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 stage 9: Nantua > Chambéry - 181,5 km

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Pirazziattacks said:
Lupi33x said:
Australians are all poor bike handlers and all track riders. Most of the country is flat desert so its to be expected.
To win a grand tour you have to master all the aspects of riding.

Hope Richie gets well soon.
:lol:

I guess Cadel Evans must have not existed in his world.

Broccolidwarf said:
Lupi33x said:
Australians are all poor bike handlers and all track riders. Most of the country is flat desert so its to be expected.
To win a grand tour you have to master all the aspects of riding.

Hope Richie gets well soon.

He didn't crash because he is a poor bike handler

He crashed because his disc brake locked up.....
What he meant is that Porte braked and his wheel locked up and the rest is what we saw. So it is still bike handling issues.

Hope for a speedy recovery anyway.

Re:

swissfr said:
In the descent of the Mont du Chat, Fuglsang was the worst descender in the group.

Read somewhere yesterday that he had a teammates front wheel that had different tires from his normal wheel. made him unsure and so was more cautious on the decent. sorry cant remember where i read it so no link.

cantpedal said:
swissfr said:
In the descent of the Mont du Chat, Fuglsang was the worst descender in the group.

Read somewhere yesterday that he had a teammates front wheel that had different tires from his normal wheel. made him unsure and so was more cautious on the decent. sorry cant remember where i read it so no link.

After the stage Fuglsang explained to Danish television that the different tire was indeed what made him to a more cautious approach. Normally he wouldn't be descending like that. Plenty of proof of that during the years.

It has to be tough for someone like Porte who doesn't have the same fearlessness as the others to have to go down as fast as they can. With everything riding on it, to boot. I think Quintana is somewhat in the same boat, though he's just a little more comfortable on the bike and in the wet having been going down countless wet hills ever since he was a pre-teen.

But yeah, all of the GC top-10 are very good to superb going down hills. Aru doesn't look quite as comfortable as the other four but he can clearly get the job done and is even unafraid of attacking downhill. I don't think that's where the differences will be made, but I could be wrong.

Heck of a win by Rigo, BTW. Rescuing victory from the jaws of defeat.

Forever The Best said:
rick james said:
Pantano - Contador double act, LOL

carton said:
It seemed to me that Nairo was behind Bertie and Crashcaidor's usual antics held him up. But ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Ha ha Contador...
And I was flamed last week when saying that the fans of Froome, Quintana etc. were celebrating crashes of Contador ...
Vile people, those that laugh at crashes. Ignore.

LaFlorecita said:
That looks like a massive misrepresentation of my position. I'm not laughing at the crash, I'm just used to it from Contador. He takes risks other riders find dangerous (particularly in his later years). I wish he didn't, for his sake', the other riders', and the races', which are more interesting with him in it.

But I don't ignore pretty much anyone nonetheless, as I try not to let ocasional bouts of pettiness get in the way of interesting dialogue. I also try not to ascribe ill-will to differences of opinion. YMMV.

carton said:
LaFlorecita said:
That looks like a massive misrepresentation of my position. I'm not laughing at the crash, I'm just used to it from Contador. He takes risks other riders find dangerous (particularly in his later years). I wish he didn't, for his sake', the other riders', and the races', which are more interesting with him in it.

But I don't ignore pretty much anyone nonetheless, as I try not to let ocasional bouts of pettiness get in the way of interesting dialogue. I also try not to ascribe ill-will to differences of opinion. YMMV.
My comment was meant in general and not as a reply to you, but your post with the nickname and all it could be seen as making fun of/ridiculing a rider's misfortune. I'd be interested to know in what way you feel he took too many risks when he crashed yesterday and on any other occasion in recent years, really.