• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2018 Rumours

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Ruby United said:
rei_da_montanha said:
LaFlorecita said:
Stage 5 to Quimper looks cool

I think Froome is taking notes or he's on his phone blocking people on twitter

Berto looks unsure

eta:
DMVXCMWWsAA4Kfy

No! Froome is looking to his Powermeter. That guy is sick!

He need rehab.

He's working out exactly what time he will finish the Tour in.

I think Quintana's facial expression is more interesting. Doesn't seem happy

I think he's scared by the cobbles, lots of GC guys could lose 20 minutes, especially with bad weather.
Plus of course, the risk of crashes.
Not sure if those sectors are hard, some are by name, but I'm not sure.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
well i watch the photo better , quintana look like a student worried about the question of a professor knowing that he will not be able to give the correct answer

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
yes , froome is the outstanding undesputed favourite here and he could win also the giro there will be 40 days between and the route of letour is only 3329 km so 4 GT IN A ROW and frumi GOAT

Red Rick said:
Ruby United said:
rei_da_montanha said:
LaFlorecita said:

Berto looks unsure

eta:
DMVXCMWWsAA4Kfy

He need rehab.

Quintana has the same facial expression all the time. I think, he is the ultimate poker player. :rolleyes:

WSOP is perfect for Quintana.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Climbing said:
Red Rick said:
Ruby United said:
rei_da_montanha said:
LaFlorecita said:

Berto looks unsure

eta:
DMVXCMWWsAA4Kfy

He need rehab.

I think he's scared by the cobbles, lots of GC guys could lose 20 minutes, especially with bad weather.
Plus of course, the risk of crashes.
Not sure if those sectors are hard, some are by name, but I'm not sure.

But history tells al lot of GC guys can do well there. Froome himself was one of the strongest in the cobble stage in the Tour of '15.

I know, next year's stage is tougher. But he showed he can well on that kind of terrain.

rei_da_montanha said:
Red Rick said:
Ruby United said:
rei_da_montanha said:
LaFlorecita said:

Berto looks unsure

eta:
DMVXCMWWsAA4Kfy

He need rehab.

Quintana has the same facial expression all the time. I think, he is the ultimate poker player. :rolleyes:

WSOP is perfect for Quintana.
Decent Phil Ivey impersonation indeed. I think he may not be great at the game theory though

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
speaking seriously quintana is really doomed if the pave stage will have rain , but problems could happen to everybody , is it a matter of our position at the start of the pave section , if Movistar is leading quintana will have less problems

Max Rockatansky said:
telencefalus said:
speaking seriously quintana is really doomed if the pave stage will have rain , but problems could happen to everybody , is it a matter of our position at the start of the pave section , if Movistar is leading quintana will have less problems

Erviti 100% in the TdF team. ;)
Erviti's success in the 2016 cobbled monuments was purely based in being in the breakaway and raw power. When it comes to fighting for position within the main peloton he has not shown that much. Bennatti is much better at that job.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
well this route is difficult but i don't know if this will prevent froome from winning giro plus tour and become the goat hope for some good show , not only sky train please but with
Moscon
kwiato
castroviejo
Thomas
Froome
poels
delacruz
kiri

TEAM SKY WILL SMASH THE TT

Looks a varied, fun and balanced route.

Froome is going to be chuffed, IMO. Enough TT to put time into the climbers, and enough high mountains for him to expect to put some time into Tom. And a TTT so he can fill his team with Sky's monopoly on riders who are strong on the flat and the mountains - Castroviejo, Kiri, Thomas, Kwiat, Moscon - the latter 3 with the added advantage of also being elite level riders on the pave.

First week looks better than expected. Alpes looks superb, Massif Central looks good too.
Pyrenees are anticlimax because Luchon will not bring much (Portillon is not very difficult), Lauruns stage is crap (Aubisque from easiest side will not bring much). The only exciting thing in Pyrenees is Portet - it should create real gaps.
The sole purpose of final ITT is to minimize gaps: disappointment regarding ITTs for yet another year.

Max Rockatansky said:
telencefalus said:

Erviti 100% in the TdF team. ;)

Moscon has his ticket stamped for the tour team now with Sky, with 1 less rider per team and his ability over cobbles and in the hills, Froome has a very versatile domestique at his disposal

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
What exactly does Berto think he is doing there? Looking at that photo anyone in about hundred years from now would point to him as the great one there in the middle. This is such a mistake, all the Tours since 2011.

Sooner or later I know this will be revealed but I am impatient. Therefore I ask:

1. Just to clarify - No dirt or gravel on stage 5 right?

2. Data on the climb to La Rosiere/Montvalezan? (couldn't find it on cyclingcol)

3. How far out are the climbs before the final uphill to Mende? (stage 14)

4. How far out is Pic de Nore on stage 15? Around 30 km?

Re:

Kyllingen86 said:
Sooner or later I know this will be revealed but I am impatient. Therefore I ask:

2. Data on the climb to La Rosiere/Montvalezan? (couldn't find it on cyclingcol)

PetitSaintBernardS.gif

Re:

Kyllingen86 said:

1. don't think so

2. La Rosiere is 17.6km @ 5.8%

3. I think there is one 2nd cat. climb 50-60km before Croix Neuve.

4. 40 km before finish.