• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2020 | Stage 10 (Ile d’Oleron / Le Chateau d’Oleron) – Île de Ré / Saint-Martin-de-Ré, 168,5 km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bennett taking green should really heat that race up. I imagine Sagans team will put in better efforts to lead him out. Happy for Bennett, he’s super emotional obviously great for him.

Still overall crap stage. No breaks, hours of racing for a couple minutes of contested sprints and the rest was a useless parade with minimal hard riding. May as well have a couple bikini clad women in lead cars so we’ve got something interesting to look at.

Bennett taking green should really heat that race up. I imagine Sagans team will put in better efforts to lead him out. Happy for Bennett, he’s super emotional obviously great for him.

Still overall crap stage. No breaks, hours of racing for a couple minutes of contested sprints and the rest was a useless parade with minimal hard riding. May as well have a couple bikini clad women in lead cars so we’ve got something interesting to look at.

As I heterosexual woman I have to say this stage had enough nude flesh for my taste, sorry you could not enjoy it.

Best stage of the race for me.

And as for nothing to look at go back to about page 3 on this forum. Sam Bennett putting on a show at the start and finish what a bloody hero

Crying in the interview for such a prominent rider shows the win means a lot to him. Riding as second or third sprinter in a team for most of his career, this has come very far. There was so much pressure on him as the main sprinter in QS to follow the footsteps of Viviani, Vettel, Cav etc. Congrats Sam. Finally did it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
nice sprint between the two top sprinters in the race. Ewan had Bennett’s wheel and couldn’t come around him once he hit the wind. there’s nobody else in this race who can compete with either of them for speed. the others have to make it messy to win. Bol is the only one who doesn’t seem to have realised that yet.

Reactions: movingtarget
Crying in the interview for such a prominent rider shows the win means a lot to him. Riding as second or third sprinter in a team for most of his career, this has come very far. There was so much pressure on him as the main sprinter in QS to follow the footsteps of Viviani, Vettel, Cav etc. Congrats Sam. Finally did it.

Vettel? I missed that. :p

I fear that Nizzolo dropping out might swing the advantage back towards Sagan for the green: his absence is unlikely to move Bennett up the rankings, but will lift Sagan one place higher on most sprint stages.

Although Trentin's apparent belief that he is in contention is costing Sagan more than it does Bennett.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS