• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 13 (Châtel-Guyon - Puy Mary, 191.5 km)

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I expected Roglic and Pogacar to gain time but not this much.
I can't see Bernal or any of the others dropping them in the Alps.
Unless something out of the ordinary happens, there will be a Slovenian Tour winner for the first time.

Contador did 7.14 W/kg on Malhao in 2016. But this is different. Pas de Peyrol is 1000 meter higher. Furthermore they already had a 11 minute effort of 6.6 W/kg at Neronne.

If you take out Willunga Hill, I have only a counted a few performances higher today for +7 minute efforts:
Chaves: Ermita Santa Lucia 2017 7.42 W/kg
Perez: Navacerrada 2004 7.4 W/kg
Pantani: Croix Neuve 1995 7.34 W/kg
(light riders have slightly higher W/kg when climbing the same speed as heavier climbers)

6.87 W/kg for Bernal is ok. He produced already 7.04 W/kg at Croix Neuve in 2018 and 6.95 W/kg at Superga 2019. But both performances are under more favourable conditions.
That should put an end to the ***.

Reactions: Sandisfan
44 Big Photos from Stage 13 (more to come) — corvos/aso/reuters/flockton
http://www.steephill.tv/2020/tour-de-france/photos/stage-13/

250-bettiniphoto_0458264_1_2000px.jpg

335-_AF_6510.jpg

358-_AF_6532.jpg

Last edited:
I expected Roglic and Pogacar to gain time but not this much.
I can't see Bernal or any of the others dropping them in the Alps.
Unless something out of the ordinary happens, there will be a Slovenian Tour winner for the first time.

They been putting in some great performances and they look a level above everybody else, right now.

Anyone can have a bad day or run out of steam though. Yates were crushing everyone that Giro. Then simply was dropped early one day. Lost it all. It wasnt that long ago we saw that.

We have seen Roglic losing it in the 3rd week.

A crash or a mechanical in the wrong moment and a race can be lost in the blink of an eye.

It is still a lot left. Things can turn-around. The heavy-weights could knock each other out and see someone else slip away.

TRENDING THREADS