• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 14 (Clermont-Ferrand - Lyon, 194 km)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He was closing every gap lol

15s for a late attacker is insane. Either the worst chase ever, or some serious motopacing, or both.
Just a completely disjointed chase. By the time Kragh attacked, the teams who cared about the stage win (Bora, CCC, Mitchelton) were all depleted in numbers. The teams who cared about pacing (Jumbo, Ineos) only cared about keeping their leaders out of trouble.

Well done SKA & Sunweb.

What I don't understand is why Jumbo (Dumoulin?) closed the gap on Hirschi, Sagan and GVA. There was no danger for the GC and Van Aert didn't battle for the stage win. The only thing I can come up with is that they didn't grant Sagan any succes.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Kamna's attack made sense as it forced other teams to do the accelerating to chase, and Sagan could just sit in all those wheels, rather than having Kamna and Sagan close all those gaps between them (which would have burned Kamna off earlier).
I think they'd have been better off not trying to close any gaps and just have Kamna ride hard to chase down whatever was in front after the last climb

TRENDING THREADS