• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 14 (Clermont-Ferrand - Lyon, 194 km)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
21 Big Photos from Stage 14 (more to come) — corvos/aso
http://www.steephill.tv/2020/tour-de-france/photos/stage-14/

095-20200912TDF0013-A.S.O.%20Alex%20Broadway.jpg

200-bettiniphoto_0458647_1_2000px.jpg

252-20200912TDF1006-A.S.O.%20Pauline%20Ballet.jpg

They paved over a whole 30m wide roundabout in Lavaur to make the finish safer, but they couldn't uproot/smooth over a couple of traffic islands in Lyon?

I wouldn't have been against that pole in the middle of the road before one of the roundabouts being uprooted and paved over. That just looks dangerous regardless of riding a bike or drive a car. To me some of those traffic islands are insane to begin with. They are so narrow that I'd question why they are even there in the first place.

I wouldn't have been against that pole in the middle of the road before one of the roundabouts being uprooted and paved over. That just looks dangerous regardless of riding a bike or drive a car. To me some of those traffic islands are insane to begin with. They are so narrow that I'd question why they are even there in the first place.
It looked like the road narrowed to a single lane at about 3km....nutz. There may have been a split lane opposite it but we didn't get the helicopter view. The fact that no one crashed suggests that was the case but it still looked beyond insane.

Reactions: Koronin
The move was fantastic!! The win even better..The leg speed made me almost wet myself..
9 riders who are @2 minutes from greatness at this point in the tour..really fun to watch..a few young riders are really drilling it..and gramps like Tony Martin had power like he was riding a motorcycle..
great tour all around

Reactions: Sandisfan
They paved over a whole 30m wide roundabout in Lavaur to make the finish safer, but they couldn't uproot/smooth over a couple of traffic islands in Lyon?
A lot of those roads feel when you're there like they'd be a lot safer than they are in practice. I have friends in Lyon, and am amazed they didn't switch to the east of the river and the roads around Parc Tête d'Or, which are much less impractical, though you'd still have the issue of getting downhill again from the Côte de la Croix-Rousse and the nice wide open bridge suddenly closing down to one lane. It's definitely, therefore, a good thing that Bora pushed the pace and meant it wasn't a full péloton arriving in Lyon as it could have been, that might have been an absolute S**s of a run-in.

Congratulations to Søren Kragh Andersen for winning stage 14. Mezgec, considering his crash and injuries last year, was in a really good position today, finished second. Big kudos to Bora–Hansgrohe and Sagan. Seemingly in lost position, regarding green, still relentless. Bennett letting it go, for today, just like the most epic fights in mountains. GC guys likely thought they will get a bit of a rest, today, no chance. The tempo JV has set, through Lyon, Bernal firing a shot ... Not all that much to complain about!

and if he can make it there, the war for Green should give him an advantage v Bennett. It has to be said though that it doesn’t look like he’s choosing to spend his days in a small group way off the back, it looks like he’s finding it very hard.
Yes the final week will be a nightmare for riders like he and Griepel. They will be calculating every day.

TRENDING THREADS