• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 19 (Bourg-en-Bresse - Champagnole, 166.5 km)

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
SKA has twice used the fight for green to win a stage because he understands the moment.

Exactly what Stuyven, Naesen and GVA also should have done. But they don't have the instinct for that.

Lampaert or Terpstra would have been on SKA's wheel right away. They a lot smarter

this is exactly right. Sunweb were the only team to adapt fully to the reality that the war for Green was going to impact every transitional stage

It was a well-timed attack and nobody reacted in time to not let him get a big enough gap. Once he got it, it is over. Because now it costs a lot to close him down and nobody wants to put in that work. Unless they all get along to do it. Which rarely happens in a group of 8-10 riders. Because everybody not giving their all to benefit somebody else.

When attacks start happening in a small group, you have to react immediately.

I hear you, Salvarani, I just don't understand why Bauer, one of Avermaet/Trentin and Devenyns didn't try to pull him back before it indeed was too late.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Besides being smartest, I also think Kragh Andersen was one of the strongest.

Others were stupid not to follow, but some of those 'stupid' were just weaker or had just done a big effort.

Other riders that wanted a chance of winning should have marked certain riders, and Kragh would be the wheel I would have followed, even when others would attack first.

It's nice the french TV crew aren't as chauvinistic as in the past. Usually they offered motorpacing only to French riders. But since this year, i've seen the camerabike drag riders of all nationalities towards the line.
Kragh Andersen is an amazing rider to go solo though, motorpacing or not, the other guys dont deserve jackshit today IMO.

TRENDING THREADS