• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 19 (Bourg-en-Bresse - Champagnole, 166.5 km)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You say "Sunweb.' It's actually just Roche. Shots of Hirschi and Benoot et al sitting at the back of the peloton. Honestly no idea what Sunweb are doing, but they've known better than I for most of this Tour, so I won't question it.
disrupting Bora work, so they can't get to Cavagna before int. sprint and give up on the stage and green. Then Sunweb will attack for the breakaway and stage win with Andersen and Benoot.

You think Bol is favourite over Bennett on the champs not a chance he is and neither is Van Aert . Mountain fatigue or not Bennett and Ewan are definitely favourites ahead of those 2 on a flat sprint.

Edit. Sorry I meant to reply to @BlueRoads

I think under normal circumstances Ewan will take it. If not normal circumstances, Sunweb could try something avantgarde with their tactics. I agree that Bennett is faster than Bol, but that would be the chance I see for Bol. And van Aert, well, in case things get messy, there's a crash or something, I would assume him to stay upright.

Reactions: Sandisfan
In fairness, Ewan's condition was clearly better last year. His sprint hasn't suffered so it could be lockdown related.

That whole Lotto team was quite bad this tour, compared to what they could be. And by the whole team I mean Ewan and de Gendt.

Regarding Bennett: The train thing seems to start working better, but I think he had some problems switching from his usual "on my own" style to the DQS train. I think he's now mostly just using Morkov and not really the whole train, and that works better?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Regarding Bennett: The train thing seems to start working better, but I think he had some problems switching from his usual "on my own" style to the DQS train. I think he's now mostly just using Morkov and not really the whole train, and that works better?
They're missing Stybar in the train who would normally be the link between Asgreen and Morkov in this lineup. That's a big part of them changing their tactics, I think.

That whole Lotto team was quite bad this tour, compared to what they could be. And by the whole team I mean Ewan and de Gendt.

Ewan won 2 stages...... I am at a complete loss to understand how he is “bad” :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS